Today's card was one of those where you start by just trying things out and see if it looks OK.
I think this is such a pretty stamp and it will likely appear again in the not too distant future!
I had done a few square backgrounds using trees and a tiny deer stamp for some quick cards and they were in a small pile on the desk ready to go onto card bases - I put the newly embossed vellum piece over one of them.
I was quite happy with how it looked although the top right corner looked a little bare so I found a corner flourish (old old old) and silver embossed it.
Does anyone remember Woodware making a product called 'Miracle Adhesive Film'? I bought a few packs of this probably more than 10 years ago now - it was specifically for use with vellum.
Sadly I have been unable to source it for several years but it really was brilliant to use for sticking vellum down completely transparently. I have yet to find any make of glue or tape that works as well.
As I now only have a few small sheets left I cut some small pieces for the corners instead of using the entire sheet - save as much as I can!
UPDATE 28TH OCTOBER - Thank you to my lovely visitors who have found a company in the UK who still have a few packs of this in stock. The power of blogland!!
Sharing my make over at
TIOT - Embossing
Christmas Kickstart - Festive Florals
We have another wet, windy and miserable day so with the ironing done and a (very) quick flick of the duster it's off to the inky space for me! Have a great day whatever you're doing. x