Friday 20 November 2020

3 Kids and a Brolly

 How changeable our weather is! No venturing out today as it's wet and very windy (again) but we have managed this week two nice long walks - yesterday particularly was beautiful as we had nice bright blue sky even though it was cold. Don't mind the cold but hate the rain!
So here's my share for today.

I have wanted this stamp for a long time and recently over at the Crafty Individuals Facebook Group was lucky enough to be picked to win a stamp of my choice - there are lots  and lots of lovely stamps that I want but this was the one (CI-399) I chose, simply because it has been on my wish list for EVER!

I teamed it with Penny Black 'Hidden Lane'.
There was lots of masking, inking and spritzing and it wasn't a quick card to do because of that.

Building up a scene is not something I am very confident with, but I really enjoyed doing it.

Stamped the children first, masked and then worked round them, inking the PB stamp with my Arteza waterbrush pens.
I used a small blending brush for the sky and the 'snowdrifts' to the right of the fence
The sentiment is also from Penny Black.
This stamp has already been well used for my Winter cards and is set to become a very firm fave with me.  
Thanks for stopping by today - Stay safe wherever you are in the world. x

Linking up at -
ABC - W for Winter Wonderland
SSS - Happy Holidays
Creative Knockouts - Winter Wonderland
CRAFT- Christmas

20 comments:

Doreen said...

A beautiful card,love all you have done here and what a gorgeous scene.xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Viv your scene is lovely...I have this little stamp somewhere in my stash

Anne

Aquarius said...

Fabulous card and I can see why this stamp has been on your wish list - great that the wish has come true for you to actually win it.

Carole said...

This is a lovely card Viv...a really useful stamp that you can adapt to so many occasions. Love your little scene building.xx

Dora said...

Beautiful stamp. You made a beautiful card.

Kathleen said...

A really super stamp and you have made a really lovely card, fabulous background and a great image.

Kath x

Sarn said...

Simply lovely.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Liz said...

I love the lovely scene you've created, Viv. Beautiful card. xx

Christine Alexander said...

Wow Viv, this it the perfect combo of stamps. Those 3 little girls waling along the lane with the fence and the trees makes for a perfect scene. Love it and have this CI stamp :)

Babs said...

Beautiful card and stamp.
Babs x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A gorgeous card Viv and the stamp works beautifully with the PB ones. Fab design x

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and love the fabulous background scene you created and I really love the beautiful stamp
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

That is indeed a wonderful stamp, I love the finished card and how you have created the snowy feel to it. i feel chilly just looking at it xx

Mrs.B said...

Love this card Viv. This is one of my favourite stamps and you have created a fabulous scene.
Avril xx

TK said...

Wonderful scene! You may not be confident, but you sure are successful with this wonderful card

Bonnie said...

I'm not comfy with stamping scenes and stay away from masking whenever I can, Viv! Your card looks like you're quite comfortable with the process! Awesome scene and I see why that stamp was on your wish list!

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous wintery scene with great masking and colouring. So atmospheric and love the stamp you chose as your win Viv x.

Jules said...

Hi Viv

You have created a really beautiful card .. .. .. clever you combining the two stamps.

Lots of work but well worth the effort for such a fantastic finished card.

Love Jules xx

Ros Crawford said...

We can never rely on the weather or the weather people... sometimes I don't think they even look out the window before giving a forecast! That said you card is a smile on a gloomy cold day... I love this Viv... beautifully done!

Sally H said...

You created a winter wonderland Viv! A perfect scene! Love it!