Friday 28 May 2021

Shades of .......................... Blue!

Colours sometimes can change a stamp completely can't they?

I made a card using the same stamp (HERE) a little while ago using normal Summer/Autumn shades and decided to go for a complete change with this one!

My ink blended background was overstamped with a crackle stamp, some text and some grungy circles

I used a small dots stencil and a small dots stamp to finish the background off.

Stamped and triple heat embossed the flower (Crafty Individuals CI-560) in platinum, then watercoloured using Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire DI.

Really happy with the shine achieved by the triple embossing - here's a close up!

I have yet to decide on a sentiment - I thought perhaps I may use it for a winter card so have just popped it in my personal card box until I make my mind up!
Linking up at
A2S+M - Make your Mark
House that Stamps Built - Embossing
Sisterhood of Crafters - Flowers as Focus

We have a holiday weekend here - and the weather forecast looks good for a change - some time outside tending to my rain/wind battered plants is planned!
Have a great weekend wherever you are. x

20 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and delicate background-love the embossed stamp,completely different to your Summer/Autumn coloured one
Carol x

Carole said...

Striking card Viv and avery srty background. That embossing really shines. Looking pretty black here and it has tried to rain...whats the betting the weather forecast is wrong..again! Hugs xx

Laurie Unger said...

This is gorgeous! Your choices of distress colors to watercolor this is very striking. Thanks for sharing this over at THTSB. -Laurie DT

Sarn said...

What a contrast to the other card you linked to. Lovely stamp. Super card.

Enjoy the bank hol xxx

Lia said...

This is so beautiful! I like the heatembossed outlines and the coloring too!
Lia DT TSOC

Aquarius said...

This is a super stamp and looks great in blue with the shiny embossing, great background too. Enjoy your time in the garden, bests being out in the traffic which is sure to be busy this weekend.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow this is gorgeous Viv and does not even look like the same stamp used with the Autumnal colours. I love this version.

Sue xx

Ros Crawford said...

Well I sincerely hope you get good weather because we only got one day! It rained yesterday and it's very dull today... AGAIN!!!
Love your card Viv and that flower looks so regal! Beautiful composition and I'm loving the blues! Have a lovely weekend!

HilaryJane said...

This has indeed turned out really well, I love it, wonderful background and I love the splatteryness! xx

Heather said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the bit of text behind your image! And thanks for the reminder to pull out my crackle background stamp!! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Diane said...

Very pretty and creative card, love the uniqueness! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

Christine Alexander said...

So pretty with the mix of blues and platinum embossing :)

Bonnie said...

A wonderful soft colored background to show off this awesome flower, Viv!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Viv! It really is amazing how that colours change the look so dramatically. I love this image done in both the bright summer colours and the cooler shades of blue. xx

TK said...

Beautiful elements together, and wonderful shine -- very pretty, Viv

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Viv...love the gold embossing and blue flower it really pops out from the background.

Anne

Mac Mable said...

I so love this CI image and I so love this card. The blue along with the embossing looks wonderful and what a striking card Viv x.

Pat said...

That is such a pretty coneflower stamp from CI Viv and beautiful platinum embossed and colour with a pretty strong blue and love the blue ink blended background with some wonderful stamping, which goes beautifully. x

Katrina Bufton said...

Wow, that's stunning. I love the combination of dark blue with the embossing.
Hugs,
Katrina x

Sally H said...

A really beautiful card! love the colours you used against the embossing! so beautiful