Monday 15 November 2021

Mid Month at CAS Mix Up

Our 'STENCIL MONOPRINT' challenge is halfway through at CAS Mix Up. My first make at the start of the month is here
It's hard to believe that we are in the middle of November! We all have a little break over December so this is my last CAS Mix Up post of the year - we are back on 1st January with a brand new challenge for a new year (and hopefully a new house for me!)

So I have done 2 cards in anticipation of our little holiday during December - bit of a long post!

The first one is another masculine card using an Art Deco style stencil from Funky Fossil.
The print was done using Chipped Sapphire and Blueprint Sketch inks.

I matted the panel onto dark blue card and the sentiment was stamped in Versafine Midnight ink

The second card has lots of white but has a couple of layers so although not absolutely strictly CAS it does show how much I like messing about monoprinting stencils!

Again my stencil is from Funky Fossil and it gets a lot of use at this time of year - I really like the modern look of the trees.

I used Bundled Sage and Mowed Lawn to pull my print and then die cut the trees.

Added another die cut piece of a snowy hill with trees and an embossed snowy sky.

Lots of gorgeous makes from the DT over at the challenge blog, hope you will have a go at this technique if you've not already done so - it's another way of stretching your stash and the results can be fab!



21 comments:

Liz said...

Two super cards, Viv. I especially love the stencilled pattern on the first one. xx

HilaryJane said...

I just love both your cards, such brilliant stencils for creating prints. What a clever idea to cut trees from your tree stencil monoprint, it works so well. Good luck with your move. Hope everything sorts itself out soon xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the monochrome masculine card-great stencil, great effect on the trees and love the embossed snowy sky
Carol x

Bonnie said...

You have a pretty forest here with the monoprint and white trees, Viv! Love, love, love the monoprint on the first card! A great color and nice crisp pattern!

Christine Alexander said...

two great cards, I really love that geometrical stencil amazing print with it XX

Loll said...

Two wonderful monoprint cards Viv! It shows how versatile stencil monoprinting is ... great work on both! I hope you are in your new house soon and can get settled. xx

Aquarius said...

Two great cards showcasing this stencil technique.

Stamps and Paper said...

Two lovely cards Viv your first one reminds me of a maze and a lovely winter scene Christmas card

Anne

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two wonderful cards Viv.

Sue xx

Pat said...

Two brilliant stencil monoprints Viv and I love the Art Deco look of the first, and then the trees stencilled on to the trees and such pretty green tones, and finished with a great snowy background and some trees and snow slopes..perfect. x

Leslie Miller said...

I love both cards, Viv! The first is striking and makes a great masculine card. Cool stencil! Your second is rather breathtaking with the layered snowy scene. To my eyes it is CAS, but my eyes aren't expert when it comes to CAS. Super idea to use the monoprint background for the tree die cuts. Merry Christmas and I hope you're in a new house soon!

Sue - said...

Two super cards Viv. I must have a go at this technique when I have more time. Busy cake making at the moment.

nancy littrell said...

Love both your very creative and beautiful Stencil Monoprint Tree card designs, Viv. TFS all your details too. I did not realize at 1st that the 1st card was actually stenciled modernistic trees...so cool. Loved your 2nd card with die cut trees and stamped trees with all the pretty falling snow. TFS both your beauties, my friend. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season and hoping you will be celebrating the New Year in your new home:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy

TK said...

Wow! Great cards, Viv, I'm really enjoying looking at this technique!

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous inspiration Viv, thank you x. Both cards are unique and show off the fun technique to perfection x. I so hope you move into your new home soon.....Sending hugs x.

Ros Crawford said...

What a great guy card... I love that colour DI... Clever use of the prnt in your second card... Not so sure we'll see snow this year it's been quite mild for November this side of the Pennines.

Sarn said...

Two superb cards here mate. Love them both.

Hugs,Sarnie x

Susan Joyce said...

You achieved a great monoprint image for the first card Viv and a very artsy card for the 2nd. See you in January, best wishes for a Happy Festive Season!

Lee said...

Hi,fingers crossed you will soon be in your new house Viv.I always love your creations.You are so talented and imaginative.Love both of these.xx

conil said...

My geometric-loving heart is crushing on your 1st card...it looks amazing with all the detail you achieved and, I'd say, you finished it off well with the matting and sentiment treatment. Love your Christmas card, as well. Lots of white to keep it CAS but also tons of interest with your cool monoprint, embossing, diecuts and snowy hills. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Linda said...

Sorry for the late visit Viv.
Two fabulous cards, the first design looks so cool, and I love the mono printed Christmas trees.
Hope everything goes well with your house move xx