Sunday 19 June 2022

CAS Christmas - June

I was happy to see that CAS Christmas has also re-started this month after the CAS challenges extended break. It really helps me with the Christmas card stash!

The challenge this time is 'Wreath'.
To make my card I drew a circle with a green watercolour pencil then used a very small ferny branch stamp inked in Versamagic Aloe Vera, over-stamping it lots of times round the pencil drawn circle.

I had another tiny pine branch stamp and added a few random stampings in Sage Green to try and give some variety - Looking back maybe I should have alternated them round the circle as they don't show up too well in the pic but too late now! 
Both of these tiny stamps were free in a magazine some time ago - and as is usual this is the first time they've seen ink.

The candle was a bit of an experiment which didn't turn out too bad. Nuvo Crystal Drops filled in a hand drawn candle - and in real life it actually looks like wax - so a plus!

Red Nuvo used to create a few berries and some gold glitter for the candle flame with an SU sentiment to finish.

I used some ivory hammered cardstock for this make and to be honest it really doesn't photograph very well but thanks for looking.
I'll be back in a couple of days as I have been having a fun time  making messy with pastes and stencils which are our current CAS Mix Up challenge! (If you scroll down you'll see what I have done so far!)
Hope all is well in your part of blogland. x

11 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Such a beautiful card!!

Christine Alexander said...

wow Viv, your fern wreath is gorgeous. I love the wispy effect of the the fern branch and the candle is stunning- I can almost pick it up :)

Loll said...

Your layered stamping has created the most beautiful and dreamy looking wreath. I love how feathery the branches are. Your candle is so amazing ... it really does look like dripping wax. Beautiful pops of colour with the berries and gold flame. Love your design Viv! You always inspire me! xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful Christmas card Viv..afraid I can’t think about Christmas until at least September….

Anne

Aquarius said...

A lovely Christmas wreath, clever work with the candle

Brenda in IN said...

This is so pretty and adding the candle is gorgeous for a Christmas decoration.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the softness of your wreath and the fun texture on the candle! What a lovely card, Viv. Thanks for playing along at CAS Christmas!

Linda said...

Lovely wreath that you created. So soft and lacy. Love the added candle.
Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Lee said...

So pretty,I love it.

Bonnie said...

This is such a pretty wreath, Viv! I love how you've layered the stamps and colors! And that candle is AMAZING! Love the texture!

HilaryJane said...

What a really effective way to make a wreath. I have loads of small stamps like that tat really don't get used, so thanks very much for the idea. Love that candle too. I think it is quite normal to look at a card once it is made and wish you had done something slightly different. I give myself loads of grief in that way and it is such a pointless exercise. Wish I could listen to my own advice too! Brilliant splatters too xx