Tuesday, 29 September 2026

Autumn Beauty

This time at TRY IT ON TUESDAY our challenge theme is AUTUMN BEAUTY. 


I decided to do a 'tarnished foil' background so started with a piece of silver mirri card and dragged a Stazon black ink pad over it. 

A wood embossing folder next. 

(Thinking about it I perhaps should have photographed each step in the process rather than explaining it!)

Using an embossing pad randomly rubbed over the embossed piece several times and added gold and copper embossing powders until I was reasonably happy with how it looked.

Finally used the Stazon Black ink again over the top.

Die cut some leaves and started with gold embossing then some odd bits of copper. I finished the leaves randomly pressing a green  Archival ink over them.

I adore this sentiment - from Inkylicious - and added it in gold embossing on a scrap piece of vellum.

I was really pleased with how this turned out - the pic simply doesn't do it any favours! The background is shiny and full of texture and considering I don't like mirri card very much, this is definitely the way to use it!

Thanks for looking today.
Have a great day whatever you're doing. x

No comments: