Tuesday, 29 September 2026

Autumn Beauty

This time at TRY IT ON TUESDAY our challenge theme is AUTUMN BEAUTY. 


I decided to do a 'tarnished foil' background so started with a piece of silver mirri card and dragged a Stazon black ink pad over it. 

A wood embossing folder next. 

(Thinking about it I perhaps should have photographed each step in the process rather than explaining it!)

Using an embossing pad randomly rubbed over the embossed piece several times and added gold and copper embossing powders until I was reasonably happy with how it looked.

Finally used the Stazon Black ink again over the top.

Die cut some leaves and started with gold embossing then some odd bits of copper. I finished the leaves randomly pressing a green  Archival ink over them.

I adore this sentiment - from Inkylicious - and added it in gold embossing on a scrap piece of vellum.

I was really pleased with how this turned out - the pic simply doesn't do it any favours! The background is shiny and full of texture and considering I don't like mirri card very much, this is definitely the way to use it!

Thanks for looking today.
Have a great day whatever you're doing. x

10 comments:

Kathyk said...

This is a terrific project, thanks for sharing

Kathyk

My name is Erika. said...

The wood makes a fabulous background for an autumn themed card. Your card is as beautiful as the quote you added to it. Happy rest of the month. hugs-Erika

Aquarius said...

I'm not a fan or mirror card either but you've totally transformed it. Lovely work which must look spectacular when seen for real.

Liz said...

Fabulous card Viv. What an amazing background!
Liz xx

LesleyG said...

This is gorgeous, and it’s probably even better than the photo, fabulous technique xx

Meggymay said...

A fabulous background for your autumn project Viv and a super idea for using mirri card.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Simply Beautiful Viv I can imagine the feel of the bark texture looks extremely lifelike... Lovely delicate quote with the leaf pinning it in place, so wonderful.
Happy creative October Tracey x

Mrs.B said...

The colours on t embossed background look fabulous and I can imagine how it will look in daylight. A fabulous card Viv.
Avril x

Sarn said...

WOW - this is so amazing Viv. Fantastic effect. Perfect card for Autumn.

Hugs, Sarnie xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

This looks absolutely wonderful! Super colours! Hugs, Chrisx