Thursday 2 January 2020

CAS Watercolour - first challenge of 2020!

Happy New Year to all of my blogland friends!
Over at the CAS group of challenges all the Design Teams have had a little Festive break and we're now all back with our monthly challenges!
Today sees the first 2020 challenge at CAS Watercolour and the challenge is to use 'Cool Colours'.

I chose blue and silver.

The stamps are 'Humming Bird Garden' by Inkylicious.
The ink is Faded Jeans DI and I spritzed the stamp with some water before stamping onto my watercolour paper, repeating the ink, water and stamp until I'd covered as much of the paper that I wanted to!

The birds were simply silver heat embossed.

I thought about also heat embossing the sentiment but once it was stamped with Silver metallic ink I left it alone as I liked the flat appearance (which doesn't show up very well!)

The CAS Mix Up challenge started yesterday, the Christmas challenge starts tomorrow (3rd) and I will be back on 4th with my DT make for CAS Stencil and we hope that you will be able to join us in 2020 - there are some surprises and prizes in the months ahead so it's going to be a good year!

We have had visitors staying with us this week and they are leaving tomorrow so a part of the day will be spent taking down the tree and stuff and getting the house back to normal - or as normal as it usually is anyway!!!
Thanks for looking today, will be round to visit you all as soon as I can. xx

16 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Viv, I love your little humming birds flying between the flowers. great cool colours

Kathleen said...

Beautiful card Viv, great shades of blue and lovely little images, love teh clean look of the card.
Happy New Year to you too.

Kath x

Robyn Oliver said...

A really lovely 'cool' watercolour card Viv, finished off beautifully with little silver hummingbirds. Back to normal here too and hoping the creative mojo jumps into fully swing for me with hubby off for a couple of weeks for work... whoopie, hugs Robyn

Meggymay said...

A super CAS watercolour card Viv.
Hope you have a Happy New Year.
Yvonne xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a lovely card. Happy new year

Bonnie said...

These cascades of blue flowers are so pretty, Viv! And those tiny hummingbirds look like they like them too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

My Paper Epiphany said...

So pretty Viv! I love the beautiful CAS design with the cascading blue blooms and sweet birds! Thanks so much for joining in at CAS Watercolour:)

KandA said...

Happy new year Viv. Gorgeous card, love the colour and also the addition of those sweet little embossed birds. It has reminded me of an as yet uninked stamp I have, so thanks for the inspiration xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a beautiful card to kick off 2020 Viv. I really enjoyed entering this challenge when I could as CAS is something out of my comfort zone and I think it does us all good every now and again to do something a little different. I look forward to seeing more of your fab artwork soon. Wishing you a very happy and colourful 2020. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

papierelle said...

Amazing!!! Love it!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

how beautiful and elegant.
Happy New Year blessings.
Thanks for playing along with us at the CAS Watercolour Challenge.
xx Karen

Sandy said...

I can now follow you by email! I am going to do my very best not to copy you but I must admit - it's going to be HARD!
Sandy xx

Marcia Hill said...

What a GORGEOUS card Viv! I just love the floral image you used...all that cascading shades of blue are just lovely and the little hummers are making me wish for Spring/Summer and Winter has just barely begun! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Loll said...

Beautiful card Viv!! I love the softness of your blue watercoloured vines. So pretty with the silver accents. Isn't it great to get the house back to normal?? At first it looks bare with all the decorations gone, but also calming. :) xx

Pat said...

I love the pretty blue blossoms and silver embossed hummingbirds Viv and the gold inked sentiment finishes it perfectly. x

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous CAS design Viv - love the watery blue branches and pretty touches of gold! xx