Thursday 23 January 2020

Home

I am still suffering a little from lack of ideas and thought maybe if I had a quick tidy of the desk it might help.
I have a stack of odd bits of card shoved to one side so I began a sort through, dumping those that I couldn't use.

The brick background was obviously done for something (no idea what!) but it was there so I used that as the base - the card just kind of evolved from the background and it incorporated a little bit of everything and used up few odd bits.

The window die is one of a few Spellbinders ones that I own (and hardly use......)

I had a scrap of watercolour card (and it was only a teeny scrap) but miraculously it fitted behind the window!
So a little scene created with some stamps and watercolours.

The stamps are from a mag freebie some time back - and I bought the mag as I thought the stamps would be useful for quick New Home cards.

The fussy cutting of the plants and keys tried my patience a bit cos they really ARE small!
Used a grey brad to 'hang' the keys from.  

Am sharing this over at -
CRAFT - New
Craft Rocket - New
MAWTT - All things new
TIOT - White Space

Have a great day whatever you're doing and thanks for visiting! x

16 comments:

Kath said...

This is a fabulous New Home card Vic - you had a great deal of patience with the fussy cutting!
Kath x

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely new home card with ‘Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog'. Hope you can join us next month for our new challenge. Diane Louise (Team Leader) xx

Meggymay said...

Fabulous embossed layers and die cuts, its a beautiful card Viv. Thank you for linking with us over at TioT's.
Yvonne xx

Kathleen said...

Super white on white card with the touch of colour.

Kath x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely New Home card Viv love the embossed background

Anne

Christine Alexander said...

It looks like you planned this one :) the scene is so perfect for your window. Reminds me of an old white washed milking shed looking out int the field. I expected to see the cows grazing in the distance :)

Aquarius said...

Lucky finding that brick background and what better to go with it than a window die. Both of these are versatile items which can be used in conjunction (or not) for so many different 'looks'. What's this about throwing out bits of card - something I find SOOOO difficult!!!!!??

Carole said...

Great how this all came together Viv..and I see the sorting out bug has got to you too! Love your little scene and especially those keys on the brad. Good use of all those left overs. xx

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous fussy cutting and love those adorable little keys Viv. Wonderful scene making and the texture from the bricks look great. No I see no loss of mojo with this beautiful card x.

Liz said...

Lovely card, Viv. I love how it all came together from things on your desk. xx

Loll said...

This is such a sweet card, Viv! Always great when you can use things from your stash to make a card. Great work, my friend! xx

Alizabethy said...

How inventive - everything works so well together!

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous card! It looks so elegant with the white design and pops of colour - beautiful 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Ellen said...

Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us Craft Rocket Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen

Marjut said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

Brenda said...

What a great design for our "New" theme. I'm loving that sweet, beautifully colored scene! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CRAFT Challenge. Hope you come back again this week!