Sunday 26 January 2020

Man Stash

As ever I have very few 'man' cards in the box.  Some time back I made a card using Alco Inks and a piece of metal - it turned out a rather dramatic peice -   (you can see it HERE if you want!)
At the time I thought to try the same theme but with a different technique for the background - here it is
I inked up the embossing folder with a couple of Distress Inks and used a scrap of leftover card.

Whilst it doesn't have the same impact as the Alco Inked card, the impression it left was really nice  a(well I think so anyway!).

Out with the Hot Glue Gun! A few dabs here and there and didn't bother too much about stringy bits as I moved the gun around and blobbed!!

Silver embossing powder over the top and heated again.

Matted it onto a leftover piece of silver card before putting it onto the base card.
I tried it onto a piece of dark blue base card too and it looked not bad at all as well - so another option!

At least I have made another 'man' card.
I am intending to sort through the folders and see what other abstract type designs might be able to get the Hot Glue and embossing powder treatment!

Sharing over at -
Inkspirational - Glitz a Strip or small area
Pixies Playground - Snippets
613 Avenue Create - A/Goes, option Shiny
Cardz4Guyz- CAS
Watercooler Wednesday - Male

Thanks for looking - and would love to know what you think - if you've looked at the other card too tell me your favourite?
We are off on another indoor bowling break with our friends this week - don't know why we call it a 'bowling' break as we normally eat too much/drink too much/laugh lots and the bowling is something we do inbetween!! x

21 comments:

sallysbitz2 said...

What a fab card.
Making cards for the men out there is so challenging.

Great inspiration, thanks for sharing x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Aquarius said...

Not sure I could choose between the two cards, both fabulous in their own right - maybe it all comes down to favourite colour. Enjoy your 'break' and I guess you may need a rest when you get back by the sound of it.

Carole said...

Well I prefer the second on Viv...a bit less heavy than the first one but both good for those fellas. Asked my in house critic for his opinion and he was with me on this one (we must have the same tastes). I hope you have another nice break..can't beat a good laugh...something I seem short of these days! Hope you win the bowling! xx

Mrs.B said...

A great card Viv, I've never tried embossing with the glue gun, you've got me interested.
I do like the alco inks card, the colours and finish look fabulous.
Thanks for the inspiration, Hugs, Avril xx

Lynne said...

My man cards always end up much of a muchness so it's nice to see someone do something a bit different.
I like this one, very abstract. I love the colours you've used aswell x

Mac Mable said...

I sure did look at the other card Viv and it's a stunner and so is this one. A great idea to use the glue, which has produced a unique and artsy effect, which I love x.

Stamps and Paper said...

Making cards for men is always a challenge but your card is a winner and what a great technique

Anne

Christine Alexander said...

Love this card Viv, thanks for the reminder about the hot glue gun and EP, such an artsy effect.

Julie B said...

Love your abstract panel Viv, it reminds me of a frond of seaweed.
Thanks for linking up at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Cazro said...

Amazing technique. I love the original metal work too. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT.

Sian said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning. Thank you for playing at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian.

Robyn Oliver said...

Great effect with the EF and then the silver embossed hot glue...perfect for a male card Viv.

Marlena M. said...

Fantastic movement and shine! Thank you for sharing your work at INkspirational~

Di said...

Brilliant card Viv! Yet summick else to try on a rainy afternoon.

Hugs

Di xx

Marina said...

Beautiful card - I love this technique and I hope you don't mind I've pinned it for inspiration. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

Natalie said...

great design! Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito

Pia S said...

Cool effect and technique and a really artful design, great idea for a card design! So glad to see you in the Inkspirational gallery too.

Jo said...

Thanks for the comment Viv, I had to go and peek your blog. This beauty really caught my eye. Love the artsy appeal, cool colour palette and simplicity all packed together to make an amazing beauty xx

Bonnie said...

I love how the bits of silver dress this up without making it frilly! That's a technique I've on my list to try.

Loll said...

AWESOME card, Viv. Could be for anyone, but a man would think it was very cool, especially the metal bits! Love the design from your folder, and the silver embossed glue. I need to get myself a glue gun so I can try this again. I did it once, a long time ago, but never had as good results as you. Both your masculine cards (distress inks and alcohol inks) are so artsy! xx

Aileen said...

Ohhh my another fabulous male card and a must try. I have to stop looking or I will get nothing done today. This is what happens when you stop looking. Love the blues and silver xx