Friday 21 February 2020

Fun with Foil!

I have enjoyed playing about with Foils recently and there is still a few days left in our current challenge at CAS Stencil so have made another card!

It is a bit of a change for me to use a coloured card base and I have been disappointed with some coloured card that I have bought recently as it had a rough feel to it like it was unfinished! I am now on a mission to find somewhere here in the UK that sells smooth high quality coloured card in small packs (- I don't want to be buying 100 sheets - ) and doesn't need me to take out a second mortgage to buy it.

This grey card pack of 10 sheets was in a recent sale and was happy that it has a lovely smooth finish to it when it arrived.

The silver mirri card was a left over bit and fitted the length of the card so cut it out with wavy dies. The white was also a left over piece.
I heat embossed the sentiment (not very well looking at it!!!) in silver to keep the grey and white colour combo throughout.

I'm popping into the Playground this week with my make too.
Thanks for looking - would love to see your foiled stencil creations in the gallery if you have time to spare over the next few days! x

17 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such an elegant card with a fabulous colour combination Viv and a wonderful CAS design x.

Kathleen said...

A rally lovely card and a lovely design and the grey and silver look really great.

Kath x

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty Viv, the neutral tones look fantastic :)

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful grey cardstock for your white space, Viv. Love your curved design and foiled wild flowers too. TFS. Hugs..Nancy

mamawcindy said...

What a pretty card.Love the foil and the whole design of your card.

Loll said...

I love this design, Viv! Very creative and oh-so beautiful! xx

Barb Ghig said...

Another beautiful card, Viv! I love your color palette and your curvy die cut is the perfect touch!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Viv, I love the foiling too.

Sue xx

Cathy said...

Pretty foiled card Viv in the silver and grey, gorgeous layout, Cathy x

aussie aNNie said...

Another fab card with the foils Viv, I am still needing to do a lot more.xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful foiled card Viv like your curvy die too

Anne

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Viv, love the curved die cut design, very stylish.
Avril xx

Gill said...

Love the foiling, am going to give it a go.

Pat said...

I have to say you have made some wonderful foil cards Viv and the blue stars on stars made recently and this one are both just great. The foil has taken beautifully and I love them both. I agree with you that it is quite difficult to find nice smooth coloured card at a good price and with a good weight to it, and like you I don't want to buy it by the ton..lol. x

Sarn said...

VIV!!!!
Hello there mate. I KNEW you'd come and find me at the back of the bike sheds to share a snifter and pinch some chocklit!

You were almost too late as Miss Di has chosen to check the area with Dudley and has found some contraband. She's only gone and confiscated it too! I'll bring some more tomorrow!

Oh . . . nearly forgot to comment on your card then! It's a shiny delight that's for sure! Get YOU with the foiling and heat embossing. Love it.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Mrs A. said...

Love the grey and silver look to this card. Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

So elegant Viv - love the design, foiling and the wonderful combination of white silver and grey. Beautiful!

Hugs

Di xx