Our 'Paper Piecing' challenge set by Linda is mid way through at CAS Mix Up.
I chose this rose from the Visible Image 'Flower Art' set.
Having had a massive (and I mean MASSIVE) clear out of most of my paper pads I began a search for something to use.
Some time back I had a little play with Acrylic Dirty Pour - I made several cards with my finished piece and I had a teeny 2" square piece left which I kept - (only cos I was so proud of myself for mastering the technique😊) - and I found it whilst scrabbling through a small box of patterned off-cuts which I had kept.
I started by using a 'stone wall' stamp as a background inked in Smokey Grey before stamping the rose.
I fiddled about a bit with the rose head on the dirty pour piece as there was a lot of black/grey tones on the saved bit and I wanted more of the red/pink and although the rose head is quite dark I am quite pleased with the result.
And I couldn't bear to throw out the remainder of the poured piece - I tucked the cut out bits under the card so what you can see is all there is left so probably not enough to use for anything else but it's gone back in the box anyway!