Thursday 19 August 2021

Making Do for CAS Christmas!

 At the beginning of the year when I made the (now rash) promise of joining CAS Christmas' challenge every month, I didn't know that space and supplies would be at a premium.

I spent a little while searching for my Kraft card without success  - undeterred though, I decided the best thing I could do when living in a cardboard box filled house was to take a pair of scissors to one of them!

I chopped a square(ish) piece and ripped it a bit   (I can't wait to be doing that to them all I can tell you 😈)

The stamps are all from a never before used Creative Expressions set called 'Inky Christmas'. I just chose two of the smaller bauble stamps and a grungy spotty stamp, stamped the cardboard and heat embossed in white, with a bit of random embossing elsewhere.

This is definitely NOT one of my better efforts  -   hey ho πŸ™…....... and I doubt if it will stay on the white textured card base but the cardboard from the box was simply too thick to make a card with (or even cover the front of a card blank).  I think it will look so much better on a Kraft one. If it doesn't then it will find it's way out with the rest of the cardboard.....πŸ’£
Still, am content because I have kept my word to make a card every month for the challenge!

20 comments:

Katrina Bufton said...

Gorgeous card Viv, the texture of the ripped cardboard is fabulous and looks great with the white embossing.
Hugs,
Katrina x

Aquarius said...

Well done for making the most of your minimal supplies at present - a great grungy effect and at least you managed to keep on schedule with Christmas cards!!

crafty-stamper said...

Personally I like the rustic look of the cardboard with the white embossed stamps
Carol x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I think it looks fabulous Viv and the stamps that you’ve used are lovely. I really like white embossing on Kraft card, so This card is spot on for me. Remember……. any crafting is good crafting and I’m really impressed by your improvisation x

Liz said...

Most impressed with what you have created without your usual craft supplies! Great recycling. xx

Christine Alexander said...

love the grungy look of the corrugated card and those perfect ornaments ♥

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Great improvising Viv, that piece of box make a fantastic card.

Sue xx

Mac Mable said...

Grungy and creative and well done you with your limited supplies and making good on your promise Viv x.

Bonnie said...

Now that's the way to make the best of a not so good situation, my friend! I LOVE this and wouldn't change a thing! I especially love how you've torn some of the covering of the corrugation and how beautifully the white ink and embossing shows on it!

Mrs A. said...

Now personally I think it looks great on the white card stock. Great use of using what is to hand . The Doc is despairing at the amount of cardboard turning up on the doorstep. Well if he wants his coffee by the bucketload and the birds kept happy with bird seed then so be it. Hugs
Mrs A.

HilaryJane said...

This is really very clever, I would never have thought of that. tearing into the cardboard was an excellent idea too, I love it's rather messy look, but I don't think I would be able to do it. I find the messy look really hard! xx

Carole said...

I take my hat off to you Viv...this brings imagination to another level and I struggle to use a craft room full of stuff and you are very inventive...well done. I hope you get settled soon and think of the fun you will have unearthing all your crafting goodness and remembering what you have. It will be like a big birthday surprise for you. Hope you are well Hugs xx PS I dont actually wear hats but you know what I mean...lol!!

Loll said...

I really like this card Viv! It has a grunge look that is so cool! Make sure to keep it as is, my friend! xx

Sarn said...

Actually I really love this grungy rustic Christmas card.

As you’ve only used white on the cardboard it totally goes with the background white of the base card. Don’t sling it or change it - I’d be delighted to display this on my Christmas mantelpiece. Hint hint!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs, Sarnie xxx

Darnell said...

High marks for the best creativity, Viv, and I absolutely love it! If it's too bulky to mail, I think you should put it in a shadow box frame and bring it out every year with your Christmas decorations. Which, ahem, are in a box there somewhere, lol! Good luck unpacking and getting settled and congrats on keeping your word! Hugs, Darnell

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I love the up-cycling Viv... Brilliant!

Pia S said...

Your creating with what you've got at hand is quite inspiring, if you ask me. I think this turned out looking great.

Pat said...

Very clever use of the cardboard ripping it for a more grungy lookl, and the white embossing works brilliantly over the top using the pretty baubles and sentiment, and love the texture of the hammer card too. x

Stamps and Paper said...

Brilliant card using your minimal supplies Viv..love the corrugated card

Anne

Sally H said...

Love this Viv! Brilliant recycling! What a great idea xxx