Sunday 27 November 2022

More Christmas!

A couple of weeks ago a DT post that I had scheduled published - which would have been OK if the  challenge that the post had been done for was still running!

It was only on my blog for an hour and I know a couple of people saw it before I took it down but it was only a couple so I am sharing it now.

I really enjoyed doing this 'reverse stamping on vellum' technique and I have made quite a few cards using different colours for different things.

This snowflake card done in white embossing and a much used icy blue shade of ink was really quick to do with various snowflake stamps and the technique is simple to do.

I started with the white embossing first and then stamped the reverse with a pigment ink.

I die cut the bottom to give lots of white space as this was for a CAS challenge but think I will do a whole panel for the front of a card as the technique gives an elegant look.

I hope all is ok in your part of blogland and thanks for looking. x

Sharing over at
ABC Christmas - X for Xtra Special
Merry Little Christmas - Christmas/Winter
CAS on Friday - Greeting Card
TIOT - Traditional Christmas

18 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and snowflakes-love the technique
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

It is beautiful, I am glad you posted it again as I didn't see it first time round. I am yet to try this technique, but it is on my list xx

Loll said...

Beautiful card Viv! This is my favourite technique I learned this year ... it makes such dreamy looking cards. I love your layers of snowflakes. Love, Loll

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Viv. I love the effect of the technique with the vellum. xx

Sarn said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Great technique and super layout xxx

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful snowflakes, they look so delicate from the other side with this technique ♥

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card Viv and a fantastic design. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A stunning card Viv, I love the snowflakes on the vellum.

Sue xx

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful card Viv, love the finish from this technique.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x

Wendy said...

What a beautiful scene! I haven't tried this technique yet, but I really love the results. Thank you for sharing it and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

Brenda in IN said...

This is a beautiful card. That technique is on my list of things to try. I hope I do as well as you.

Marianne said...

beautiful card, i came across this technique on youtube some time ago and it is also on my "things to try" list

Carole said...

Beautiful card Viv, soft, elegant and professional. xx

Aquarius said...

Beautiful card and a lovely effect with the stamping on vellum

Joan said...

Don't know how I missed your gorgeous card Viv, what a lovely technique

Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

Joan

Bonnie said...

This is GORGEOUS, Viv! Love this technique and the snowflakes work perfectly!

Becca Sadler said...

A wonderfully wintery Christmas card, Viv!!! Terrific! Thanks for linking to MLCCB! --Becca/DT

Pat said...

This vellum technique makes a beautiful background Viv and I love the white curved layer at the bottom, like a drift of snow, and finished with a lovely sentiment. I, like quite a few other who have commented, have it in mind to give this a go. x