Friday 2 December 2022

November Card Chain Challenge

This month in the Card Chain Challenge I sent my card to Dee in Kenya!
I chose to do the colour option (well tried to anyway!) and used a stencil as the technique option.


The Lavinia stencil was inked using Versafine Clair Morning Mist ink - my substitute for Slate
I stamped the pinecone branch, tree and the berry wreath using Versafine Clair Pinecone - my substitute for Chocolate
I painted the berries with Carved Pumpkin Oxide and used the same to stamp the stars.
I finished with some orange glitter on the fir tree - well you've got to have a bit of bling haven't you!.

I know it's unlikely Dee will see snowy fir trees in Nairobi so thought I might send her some wintry greetings from here!

It was really nice receiving my card from Jeanne last month - happy mail!
I've signed up again for the December challenge - if you aren't in our chain of happy mail, pop over to the blog and sign up - you still have time!
Thanks for stopping by today - have a good day whatever you're doing. x

19 comments:

papierelle said...

This will be a very special joy for Dee, because I don't think Dee gets to see any snow otherwise. Your card is beautiful, I love how you implemented the color scheme.

Aquarius said...

Unusual colour scheme for Christmas but it is very effective. Love the design

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and stamps with the Autumn colour-love the delicate stencilled background
Carol x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Viv.

Sue xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Stunning card Viv love all the colours

Anne

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful design on this Viv! Love the color mix you used and the beautiful subtle stenciling in the background!

Brenda in IN said...

This is stunning. I read over the directions several times and I love this. What a fun card to send to Nairobi and she will love it. That is an interesting color combo that looks so good together.

Ellibelle said...

This turned out so beautifully with such great details, the stenciling looks amazing and such a pretty scene you stamped surrounded by the wreath!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Imke said...

Wow, this is amazing, Viv. Like the wreath and also the background.
Happy to be part of the Card Chain Challenge.
Imke ~ "MY CRAFTY PLACE

Arlene said...

What a wonderful image and background. Lovely.

Joan said...

Lovely card Viv, I love the colours you have used and the wreath is beautiful

Joan

Loll said...

WOW! This is so beautiful and very artistic, Viv! Amazing design with your mix of elements. xx

Carole said...

You are getting good at these...another wonderful card and I like your colour choices. Great stencilling too. xx

HilaryJane said...

It is beautiful Viv, I love those delicate winter branches and wonderful soft stencilled background xx

Sarn said...

Smashing winter greetings card. Very pretty indeed xxx

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Viv! I love the subtle stenciling and the bright colors of the wreath!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Viv, I like the pops of orange, makes me think of hot chocolate on a winters day.
Avril x

TK said...

Pretty, and very interesting with the inking around the edges!

Pat said...

The colours work brilliantly here with the orange stars and berries and the brown cones and branches, and I love the orange glitter on the large fir tree in the middle, and the soft grey background stencilling is beautiful. x