Monday 12 December 2022

Snowy Landscape

There is no sign that the current freezing cold icy weather will disappear any time soon, so after a short trip out to collect an ordered present I holed myself up in the Happy Place where it is lovely and warm!


I have been having lots of inkyness just lately having visited Pinterest. I am in awe of the talent so many possess with their gorgeous scenes and I thank them for inspiring.

Here's another I did after a Pinterest trawl -
I love these Lavinia foxes. Am practicing very hard with the white highlighter on the fur - not quite there yet but improving each time.

The sky imitates what I looked out on today! It was quite misty fog earlier and only cleared mid afternoon. The grey sky was achieved by smooshing Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide and flicking some water across it. I masked off the bottom with some torn paper before smooshing.

Blended a little Fossilized Amber over the top for a watery sun and stamped a few branches after making a few snowy drifts.
As usual I had to splatter!

Another practice session completed and another card for my stash!
Thanks for looking. Hope you are warm and well in your part of blogland. x

Sharing at
Time Out - Winter
TIOT - Winter Wonderland
MMM - Winter card


18 comments:

Joan said...

Fab card Viv, our weather is just like yours and its baltic out there!
LOve the foxes.


Joan

and thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

crafty-stamper said...

WE have had -2 and freezing fog for two days now! Love your beautiful card,background and fox stamps
Carol x

Glennis F said...

Love the wintery look!

My name is Erika. said...

What a lovely landscape, and such a pretty card Viv. I love the snowy scene with those 2 foxes. Thanks for sharing with us at TIOT. hugs-Erika

Christine Alexander said...

I can't believe the UK is in such a deep freeze ♥. Keep warm and toasty inside.
Loving your lavinia posts, I'm playing with mine for next years cards- You are so right there are some amazing artists out there :)

meg said...

A fabulous wintry scene,thank you for joining in at MMM

Loll said...

Another gorgeous winter scene Viv! Looks like you are having so much fun getting inky. xx

Aquarius said...

Most definitely a beautiful winter wonderland - just love those foxes and might have to add foxes to my menagerie of stamps 😉 despite telling myself I don't need any more 'stuff'.

Carole said...

Fabulous inking Viv...and that snow looks real...fabulous card! xx

Brenda in IN said...

That snowy ground looks so real (and cold). The sky is awesome too. What a great winter scene you've captured for the critters to romp in.

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely winter scene Viv love these little foxes

Anne

Sarn said...

Really lovely card Viv. Fab inkiness. Xxx

Darnell said...

My word, Lady Viv, you are masterful when it comes to foggy wintry skies and snowy ground - not to mention schplatters! Your fog-shrouded sun and the movement of the foxes make this look like a photograph! YOU are one of those who leave me in awe of the talent you possess! Hugs, Dolly

Pat said...

This is a wonderful scene Viv and I particularly love the way the water droplets have given the effect of foggy clouds, and the shading on the snow looks so realistic, and who could resist those cute foxes, and finished with the pretty foliage and the yellow sun showing through the mist..very atmospheric. x

Bonnie said...

What an awesome scene, Viv! You should frame this one! I love the feel of mist you've achieved with the soft glow of the sun! We've had several days like this lately and it's chilly here too.

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card Viv, and I think you've really captured the recent weather in your little scene.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x

Anke said...

WOW Viv absolutely stunning, I love your card.

Happy Christmas
Anke

Pia S said...

Wow! Perfectly freezing looking scene and what a difference the white highlights make. So well done!