Tuesday 7 March 2023

Try It On Tuesday - Go Green

 Our challenge at Try It On Tuesday this fortnight is - GREEN. So you can either use the colour or recycle something to make your project!


I chose to simply use different shades of the colour as it's one that I quite neglect as a main colour on my cards.

I smooshed a background using Mowed Lawn and Shabby Shutters.

My stamp set is very very old! But it is one of those 'go to' sets when all else fails! As it's several different stamps and not one complete plate where the design was already done (I think both were available at one time) it took a little while positioning, stamping and gold embossing onto the background.

I used Nuvo watercolour pencils to colour the flowers in a shade called Deep Viridian (love this colour and this was the first time using it!) and the leaves were coloured in Malachite Green.

I used Versamagic Oasis Green chalk ink on a tiny piece of scrunched up dry baby wipe to add a little depth to the bottom before sticking it all onto the dark green base card.

Thanks for looking today. Please pop over to the TIOT blog and have a peep at the makes from the rest of the DT - and I hope to see YOUR make linked up too! x
Am sharing my make over at
Colourful Options - Green
Double D - Everything Coming Up Green
Beyond the Blue - Blooms

27 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Viv, I love all the different greens together.

Sue xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the embossed flowers against the smooshed background
carol x

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Viv and love all those different colours of green...the gold embossing is perfect for your image

Anne

Carole said...

Wow! what a fabulous card (again) Viv. Love the embossed gold against the green and you have been busy with all your inky techniques. xx

Helen said...

Beautiful card Viv! LOVE that gold embossing.. goes so well with your green background!! ((HUGS)) Helen

My name is Erika. said...

I love all the green you used. The colors you chose are definitely my favorites. And that gold pops. What a lovely piece Viv. Hope March is treating your well. hugs-Erika

Makira said...

WOW! Such a beautiful and elegant card. Thank you for sharing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge. Have a crafty week! Cheers, Makira

Darlene said...

Oh Viv ... this is SO, SO pretty! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B ... NEW CHALLENGE BLOG

pearshapedcrafting said...

Green and gold is a perfect combination and with these beautiful flowers you have made such a wonderful card. I love all of the greens you used - great for this time of year! Hugs, Chrisxx

Vicki said...

Stunning design. All of the different shades of smooshed green make an amazing background for the gold embossed flowers. Thanks for sharing at Colorful Options March Challenge.

Aquarius said...

This is beautiful in shades of green and gold embossing was a great choice

Barbara said...

Nice shades of green to go with the blue flowers, a great design. Thanks for joining in the fun at Double D Challenge.

Angela said...

So pretty!

Lee said...

Ooo love the green and gold! Lovely florals! Thanks so much for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card and shades of green Viv. It is a lovey stamp and I can see why its a favourite of yours.
Yvonne xx

Brenda in IN said...

Beautiful blending with the greens and I love the gold embossing. That is a great background.

HilaryJane said...

Love it. The background is gorgeous and those flowers look amazing in the gold heat embossing xx

Joan said...

Love the gold embossing against the greens, lovely card


Joan x

Sarn said...

Lovely card Viv. Looks great in the various greens.
Hugs, Sarnie xxx

Bonnie said...

Such beautiful shades of green that go perfectly with the gold embossed flowers! I especially love that viridian shade.

Donna Ellis said...

WOWOW! Viv, your green creation is magnificent! I honestly was going to gold emboss a green card recently, but thought the green would not look well against the gold, but you have proven that thought wrong! LOVING your inky background. I would never have guessed that is an old set, as I don't recall seeing it before. It's a beautiful card in every way!
I am your newest Google follower.
Crafting Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

TK said...

Your blooms are gorgeous! I love the depth in your background and the flowers, so many pretty colors.

Mrs A. said...

Tis beautiful. Your chosen colour pallette is gorgeous. Hugs Mrs A.

Mrs.B said...

A tad late in getting here, but better late than never.
I love the gold embossing with the various shades of green, it adds a lovely richness to your card.
Avril xx

papierelle said...

This card is stunning!!!

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty with the greens and blues and gold embossing.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Absolutely stunning Viv, I love this card x