Thursday 13 April 2023

Hold On!

Been having a bit of inkiness the last couple of days whilst the weather has been so changeable. I've made a couple of cards and this one I am undecided as to whether it is finished or not!

It was though an absolute horror to photograph - I must have taken about 50 pics and wasn't happy with any of them.
None of the photos showed a true representation of the colours which are slightly muted nor any of the (liberal helping) of Wink of Stella.


Anyway here it is -
I started blending my background with Antique Linen then worked out using Stormy Sky, Weathered Wood and Hickory Smoke.

I masked off the trailing vines that Rue clings to on the stamp - this was a bit fiddly but happy with the way the image turned out.

I then white heat embossed several Dandelions and finally added some Spanish Moss Foliage in between the dandies, positioning them all from Rue's hand so she really is 'Hitchin' a Ride'!

I used lots of  clear Wink of Stella onto the dandies and dotted some about randomly before I coloured Rues wings with different colours.

Added some white spatters.

Am undecided as to how to complete it - jury is out between a sentiment or a Lavinia script stamp (second or third generation stamping) added down the side.
Shall put it to one side whilst I think about it!

Sharing Rue and her Dandy Flight over at
The Paper Shelter - Anything that Flies
Paper Funday - A/Goes with option of Flower Power (Rue is definitely powered by Flowers!)
Creative Inspiration - A/Goes

Thanks for stopping by today - hope all is well in your part of blogland. x

18 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Your blended background made a wonderful sky. What a lovely card this is as she catches a ride. Maybe use the script stamp. Then you will have a choice when you need a card to add the perfect sentiment. A great card for a birthday, thinking of you or most any occasion.

Aquarius said...

I can just imagine how amazing this looks in real life, the blending is done beautifully as is the stamping and other work. Such a shame that the image on the screen doesn't do it justice but that's just the way it is sometimes. As crafters we can see how much work has gone into such designs and visualise how it must look for real.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful background and silhouette stamp,love the embossed dandelions too.I can relate to taking all those pics and not been happy with any -I can't believe how the colour can vary so much!!!
Carol x

Pia S said...

I think this is beautiful, both colors and how the images work together, so I'm not sure I would dare to add anything else myself. However, I do like the script effect on other projects and I'm sure it would work here as well. A sentiment, sure, it always works, but by leaving it out the card is very versatile.

HilaryJane said...

I think this looks amazing, so I am sure it is even better in real life. I would leave it as it is and not add anything except maybe a single word like dream in the bottom righthand corner. Your CCC card is done, just needs to be photographed now xx

Pat said...

This is absolutely fabulous and you masked off the trailing vines in her hands and added the dandelion clocks and foliage absolutely brilliantly Viv, and the colours of the background with the antique linen like wispy smoke through the centre and the darker blues around the outside look amazing, and also the spattering like little pinpoints of light. It is always so difficult to take a photo of shine or sparkle and in real life I know it will look even more beautiful than it does already. I personally think less is more and perhaps just some simple words would finish it perfectly. x

Christina said...

Oh Wow! I love the sky, I love the way you added the dandelions. I love it all. The muted galaxy look is brilliant.

Sarn said...

I clicked on your photo and enlarged it to see all the wonderful details. It’s a stunner Viv xxx

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in with your wonderful project!
DT - Val & Nan x

https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com/

Carole said...

I LOVE this Viv! LOVE it! Your inking is superb ad the way you have brought it all together with your fairy hanging on for dear life to those dandelions. I would be itching to put some words top left I fear...some inspirational ones , not a greeting...but that's just me! xx

Melanie Hungerford said...

Such a soft and pretty background,it just shines behind that silhouette image! Thanks for sharing with us at Paper Funday Challenge.

Christine Alexander said...

such a magical scene with our fairy flying away with the dandelions ♥

Stamps and Paper said...

What an amzing card Viv..beautiful blending of colours and love the images you have used...

Anne

Bonnie said...

This is amazing, Viv! I love it without a sentiment but a small sentiment would work too. Nothing to detract from the sweet image and amazing dandelions!

Ilonka said...

Wat een supermooie creatie Epie, Bedankt voor je bijdrage aan The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
Groetjes Ilonka DT

Lori Podolsky said...

Love your card, Viv! Truly magical! Thank you for sharing with us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you soon. Lori - DT

Linda Mc Enery said...

This turned out so beautifully that I feel it should be left as is and framed, for a spotlight spot on your wall! Gorgeous background and fabulous detail. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter!
Linda

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous scene, the inking is stunning. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge, we appreciate your support.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge