Tuesday 18 April 2023

Try It On Tuesday - Rainbow Colours

Our new challenge at Try It On Tuesday is 'Rainbow Colours'

This was a bit of fun to do!

I used an air blower to splat out the paint -I thought these would be easy to use but I actually found it quite tricky.
It's definitely one to practice as the paint does splatter everywhere.

After a couple of failed attempts I managed to produce something I was happy with!

Been told that this technique is better/easier with Distress Re-inkers but I didn't have the colours I wanted so improvised by simply using watercolours.

Using watercolour paints I think some of the shades turned out not as vibrant as they should have been!

The sentiment is from Bee Crafty.

Hope to see your rainbow creation in our Linky this fortnight and please go visit the rest of the DT and our wonderful Guest Designer! x


17 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is so brilliant in every way Viv. I really want to give this try and as I came a cross an old air blower while doing my big tidy I don't have to go searching for one! These colours really did go a long way! Great quote too.! Hugs, Chrisx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Viv, love the vibrant colours you've used and the sentiment is just right.

Sue xx

My name is Erika. said...

What fun colors Viv. And that quote is perfect. What a fun card. hugs-Erika

crafty-stamper said...

Great great and love all the fabulous colourful splatters
Carol x

Aquarius said...

Wow! that's certainly a vibrant and striking rainbow.

Brenda in IN said...

This looks like a painting that could sell for thousands of dollars at an art show! Get it framed and ready to go. That sentiment is perfect for these bright colors. Fun idea to use paints.

Sarn said...

COOL! Love this colourful card xxx

HilaryJane said...

I am glad you persevered with this as I love the result and what a perfect sentiment for your splashy rainbow. So bright and cheerful. Hope you are managing to avoid that very chilly north easterly wind in Norfolk. I was convinced they told us that we would have a fine week this week :( I need bright colours to cheer me up, so thank you xx

Helen said...

LOVE that background of rainbow colours Viv! Very cool! And that sentiment... so true! Have a great week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Pia S said...

This is different and fun- creative use of paints and rainbow colors!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful colors! This looks like fun, Viv, and you had the perfect sentiment!

Christine Alexander said...

I think your paint splatters are amazing and I love the Danny Kaye quote, I have that somewhere as a stamp- Wonderful inspiration♥

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic rainbow background and sentiment Viv, super inspiration for the new theme. It sounds a fun technique as well.
Yvonne xx

Mrs.B said...

A brilliant card Viv and that sentiment is just perfect.
Avril xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Viv this is fabulous, its a great technique so effective, I think the paint medium you used works perfect with the dark stamped sentiment as it blends into the background beautifully. Amazing creation.
Tracey x

Liz said...

What a striking card, Viv! Beautiful sentiment too. xx

Pat said...

Wow Viv, what wonderful bright colours and blowing them around to splatter has made a fun and pretty look, and a lovely sentiment to go with it too. x