Sunday 2 April 2023

March Card Chain Challenge

 My card for this month's Card Chain Challenge made a mammoth journey to Suze in New Zealand! Thankfully it arrived before the end of the month!


The colours given were a bit tricky for me but I continued with my quest of using the colours and trying to combine with one of the other technique elements.
Fortunately the colours don't have to be exact so I used a lighter few shades interpretation of each colour and the 'Stamps' product option.

The vase of bright sunflowers is by Technique Tuesday.
It comes with a matching die although I cut this by hand as there was too much white outline for my liking!
Coloured with watercolours.

The wavy edge background panel was done blending Distress Inks Spiced Marmalade and Dried Marigold with a light brushing of Peeled Paint. I then simply watercoloured a few lines to 'ground' the vase.

The sentiment is from SU.
I received a lovely card from blogging buddy Pia in Norway too - so thank you Pia! x

There's time for you to join in our challenge for next month if you want to - simply pop over to the blog and check out how it works!

17 comments:

Aquarius said...

A lovely sunny card with the flowers and the chosen colours - more than can be said for the weather lately 🙄

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fabulous card Viv.

Sue xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Viv I just love sun flowers

Anne

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a gorgeous take on the March CCC colors, Viv - love your design!!

Lee said...

Absolutely Stunning,I love it.xx

Julia Aston said...

Good for you Viv deciding to use the colors every month - I find it very difficult using colors I'm told to use - my mind goes blank! (especially if they are colors I don't usually gravitate to!) You used them wonderfully here with your beautiful sunflowers and pretty sloping panel! Julia xx

Angelnorth said...

Lovely use of the colours for a cheerful and sunny card, beautiful job on this Viv!

Sarn said...

Lovely stamp and a great card. Very pretty xxx

papierelle said...

Great use of colors and a beautiful card, love these flowers.

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful sunflowers. Hugs Mrs A.

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful sunny card ♥

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and sunflowers
Carol x

Brenda in IN said...

Your color blending looks beautiful and made a great place for the vase to sit. The flowers look lovely watercolored and shaded. The sentiment is so true.

HilaryJane said...

Gorgeous. I love that background inking. It looks stunning xx

Arlene said...

I love how you combined the colors in your flowers with the background die cut panel.

Pia S said...

A great choice of image for the color opption. And I do like the wavy background, and how you grounded the vase, nice detail.

Pat said...

The vase of sunflowers is just beautiful and I love the bright yellow curved mat as a background, and some lovely words too..a beautiful card Viv. x