Tuesday 13 June 2023

Birds/Feathers at Try It On Tuesday

The weeks are simply flying by (no pun intended) and it's a new challenge over at Try It On Tuesday - the theme is Birds and or Feathers!

Some time ago I saw a painting depicting a bird who had escaped from it's cage and I wanted to try and make a card along the same theme.

We have so many lovely birds singing in the garden and they always sound so happy (they make me feel happy too) so my make this time is a combination of bird song and freedom which to me means - - Happiness!

This little bundle of feathers is out in the tree celebrating the fact that someone has left his cage door open and he is free.

Ink blended background of Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar and Antique Linen.

I used Black Soot along the bottom and stamped the grass using Card-io stamps from the Textures set.

My birdcage is an old die - has a branch attached to it so I cut it off!

Bird and the tree branch is also Card-io.

Thanks for looking today! x

21 comments:

Carole said...

Beautiful card Viv, love the colour blending and the silhouette stamping. xx

Aquarius said...

A lovely card - so glad you made the bird happy by letting it free

My name is Erika. said...

That is one beautiful sky on your card Viv. And I'm so glad that little bird has finally found happiness and freedom. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Viv looka like that little bird is enjoying his freedom..great blending of colours

Anne

Brenda in IN said...

What a delightful card and the image of happiness for the bird to be free. A lovely sky and great tree with a few leafy branches left.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an absolutely amazing take on this theme, Viv. I love the background that makes the silhouette actually pop. I can almost hear the happiness in that little bird as it sings for its freedom.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the silhouette stamps and inky background.
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

Such an amazing and dreamy sky. Love that colour with the black stamping. I could sit and look at it for ages and yes, it makes me happy xx

Helen said...

LOVE that background for this free little bird! Just perfect!! Have a fantastic week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Sarn said...

Wow - another super inky scene x

Sarn said...

Another super inky card. Like you, I love birdsong. Love your background colours. X

Pat said...

Another very atmospheric scene Viv, and the pinky purple tones with the touches of Antique Linen at the horizon really make it look like sun up or sun down, and I love that open bird cage with the bird sitting happily in the tree..the bird song is terrific this time of year. x

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful scene with bird enjoying his freedom :)

Meggymay said...

A very beautiful card and I loved thoughts behind you creating it.
Super inspiration for the new theme.
Yvonne xx

Loll said...

Gorgeous scene you've created Viv. It definitely show how happy that bird is to be free. LOVE the colours you've blended for the sunset --- beautiful! xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card Viv, the colours of the sky look amazing and look stunning with the black stamping and die cut.
Avril xx

Joan said...

Love your beautiful scene Viv

Lisa said...

Super gorgeous skyline colors for this scene.

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty blended sky, Viv! It looks like this bird is bringing on the happiness!

lichazul said...

Lovely card 🤩💐👏👏👏
Happy day

Sue - said...

Beautiful card Viv. Love listening to the Dawn chorus on the odd occasions I’m awake early enough!