Thursday 8 June 2023

Fiery Friend

 We have been blessed with some glorious weather recently so a lot of time has been spent outdoors - either in the garden pottering about and soaking up the sunshine or out armed with binoculars (husband with camera) looking at birds and nature in general. A few days away whilst the weather was so good adds up to a pretty perfect time at the mo!

BUT - I had to have an inky fix in between and here it is


I have been mulling over the idea for this for a while - sometimes I don't trust myself to try out an idea in case it looks rubbish - but I was pretty happy with this one!
A friendly dragon flying in to see his dragon keeper.
A clearing in a wood and a fiery sky whilst they say hello to each other.

Stamps of course by Lavinia and Distress Oxides for background.

I have had Zemira for a little while but this is the first time she (and the dragon) have seen ink!

I used a couple of different colours of Memento Inks for our fiery dragon (thanks to my Misti!) and put some Wink of Stella on Zemira which doesn't show up very well in the photo.

Currently trying to decide if I second/third generation stamp the Lavinia Dragon Verse on the right... been thinking about it for several days .... and still thinking! Instead there may be a few more tree trunks added on the right rather than the verse.... still thinking!!!

Sharing over at
Little Red Wagon - Things that Fly
I Spy - Something with Wings
Fairy and Unicorn - Anything Fantasy
Sweet Stampin' - Things with Wings
NBUS #51

20 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and scene you created -love the stamps.
Carol x

Joan said...

This is fabulous Viv, love the colours, I think it's perfect as it is



Joan x

Sarn said...

WOW that’s a stunner Viv. Gorgeous inking. Go easy adding anything else as it looks great just as it is.

Hugs, Sarnie xxx

Liz said...

Absolutely stunning design, Viv. I love the colours you’ve used. xx

Mrs A. said...

Brilliant. Love the fiery colours. Hugs Mrs A.

Darnell said...

Love that you have been having glorious weather, Vivali, and I hope it continues! Your Lavinia design looks stunning to me as it is, but you just keep on thinkin' and dabblin' because your design eye is on fire right now! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Dolly

Aquarius said...

Beautiful colours chosen to make this amazing scene. I often dither over making a start on this type of design, afraid that the ideas in my head will just look rubbish on the card. I guess we'd never know if we don't go for it and after all, should the worst happen (unlikely), we've at least had fun trying and only a piece of card wasted 😉😉. I'll be interested to see what you decide about the second/third generation words on the right hand side. I must say I do like to see some faint text on magical scenes like this. Pleased you've been enjoying the lovely weather

Mrs.B said...

That's a fabulous scene Viv, love the red dragon and the fiery sky looks so magical.
Avril xx

Loll said...

Amazing design Viv! You have created a fantastic scene that tells a story. LOVE the bold and bright colours. Great work!! xx

Carole said...

Stunning card VIv..you seem to be getting very good at these.Whether you ad or leave it will still be a super card. xx

baileyrosy.com said...

Your card really jumped out at me from the NBUS gallery.Wow ! What an amazing scene you have created the colored and stamping are amazing and it's definitely frame worthy

Marie

Stamps and Paper said...

Wow what a fabulous card Viv and such beautiful colours...

Anne

Ellibelle said...

What an amazing scene you created here, so magical and beautiful!
Thank you so much for playing along at "I spy with my little eye" this month!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Bonnie said...

WOW! Awesome background and great inking on this dragon and dragon keeper!

HilaryJane said...

I know exactly how you feel trying to make decisions. Sometimes it is just impossible. I am so glad those stamps have now seen some ink. What an amazing creation and your background is just wonderful. Well done xx

Pat said...

What a gorgeous scene and with the bright background and the wonderful tree and pretty maple leaves Viv, and the background hills look great, also Zemira and the dragon as the focal images work brilliantly. x

Pauline C said...

Beautiful magical scene and fabulous colouring. Thanks so much for joining this month’s I Spy With My Little Eye Challenge.
Pauline x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining The Fairy and The Unicorn challenge. Hope to see you again.

Gale said...

Gorgeous card Viv! Love the magical scene you created. Thank you for sharing with us over here at The Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
https://thefairyandtheunicornchallenge.blogspot.com/

Becca Sadler said...

Congrats! I'm getting ready to post the June winner and top picks for TFATU in about 10 minutes. I love your dragon and his young keeper! --Becca