Friday 2 June 2023

May Card Chain Challenge Reveal

I sent my card this month to Greta in Oregon and received a lovely card from Kath who is based here in the UK!
The colour option for May's Card Chain Challenge seemed simple at first -

until I tried to bring something together and confess I found it quite difficult! I think I simply tried to overthink it! Anyway I soldiered on and also managed to use one of the product options of embossing powder and the 'ripped edges' technique option so that was a bonus!

I have a sneaking suspicion that this embossing folder I used on the background was a freebie in a mag (- but I may be wrong!) but as I had already decided to try and produce something with an Asian theme I used the folder!

The dies are all from a Sizzix set. The flowers/branches in the set are really fiddly but I like using them.

I watercoloured the flower stems using dark blue and a near as I could get it turquoise.

The base was tripled heat embossed with gold embossing powder.

I remembered I had a piece of pale blue vellum so tore a little piece  and used it to hang from the scroll after heat embossing the chinese script and word.
Finished with a heat embossed on vellum butterfly.

You have a few days to sign up for the next challenge - get over to the blog and add your name!
Thanks for looking today. x

19 comments:

Carole said...

I love your asian themed card Viv, and I can see a lot of thought went into it. The added touch of the vellum scroll with those little blue flowers and the opulence of the gold embossing..makes it! xx

papierelle said...

You had another very extraordinary idea and the card is wonderful!!

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Viv, I just love your card - what a fab way to play with our themes. Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Jo x

Aquarius said...

I love this die set from Sizzix and you've made brilliant use of it and the other elements to make this lovely Oriental style card.

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely oriental card Viv love your small blue flowers...the embossing folder was a good choice..

Anne

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely Asian theme with your wonderful embossed background, the happiness banner (that vellum looks just like silk!) and pretty garden container Viv! A beautiful use of the colors! Julia xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a lovely composition, Viv - love the zen scene you created!! Great texture on the background and planter too; the vellum scroll is perfect!!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the Asian theme,delicate dies and embossed background.
Carol x

Loll said...

Beautiful design Viv. A very zen card! xx

HilaryJane said...

You might have struggled to get this card together, but it doesn't show. It is unique and very clever. I often struggle with my CCC cards. I think I find it hard to think of things when I am given parameters. Don't know why xx

Angelnorth said...

It’s a lovely folder, wherever it came from! Beautiful, elegant card Viv, it has a very calming feel about it.

Liz said...

Wonderful card Viv, lovely design. xx

Christine Alexander said...

Asian elements have created such a beautiful card ♥

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Viv.

Sue xx

Arlene said...

Beautiful WOW, I could stare at this all day.

Bonnie said...

So many wonderful details, Viv! Love, love, love this!

Pia S said...

I think this is a beautiful oriental themed design, every detail works with the theme and color option as well. The embossing folder was a freebie with a mag, last year I think:)

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely card Viv, lots of layers and nice use of the colours

Pat said...

I love this Eastern influenced card Viv, and the embossing in the background was a freebie with Creative Stamping Issue 104 Japanese Dreams..I have it too and seeing that pretty folder used here makes me want to get it out and use it again as it has been tucked away and rather forgotten. I love the pretty flowers and the happiness symbol, and such a sweet little vellum butterfly to finish too. x