Saturday 2 September 2023

August Card Chain Challenge

It's reveal day at the Card Chain Challenge and I re-visited an enjoyable technique for my make this month!
My card went off to Jo (http://angelnorth.blogspot.com/) here in the UK and I received a lovely card all the way from Oz from the lovely Robyn!
This month I managed to incorporate a couple of the challenge themes - opting to use as near as I could tothe colours given and using vellum.

The technique of double stamping on vellum is an easy but effective one starting by firstly white embossing your design on the front of the vellum then simply using normal ink on the reverse.

I used an old Stampendous set called Summer Leaves and usually I only use one colour ink on the reverse as it achieves a soft silhouette effect but because I wanted to try and get the challenge colours in this time I used Versacolour and Versafine Clair ink in Tangelo, Sage and Shady Lane. 

The effect is a bit more dramatic but I quite like it.

The reverse does take a little time to dry - you can speed it up with the heat gun but I am always worried in case the vellum warps too much or I overhear the already embossed front so I always leave to dry for a while before making up my card.

I added a large die greeting softly sponged in Tangelo and Shady Lane.

The 'sign up' for next month is open for the next couple of days if you fancy having a go -

it's lovely receiving cards from all over the world!
Also sharing over at
A Place to Start -  optional twist of leaves! (just made it before the challenge closed too!)

17 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a stunning way to use our themes, Viv! I love this so much. The colours work so well together and I love how you've embossed the vellum - that is something I cannot do! Thanks for being a lovely link in our chain again, Jo x

LOU said...

Gorgeous card Viv!

Aquarius said...

The double stamping on the vellum has worked very well here and the shaded effect on the large sentiment is great. A lovely card

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and great technique-love the colours
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

Great idea to use that technique. It is one that I have been meaning to have a go at and keep forgetting. This is a great example I love it. That frame is a brilliant way to finish it off too xx

Liz said...

Fantastic card Viv, I love the colours you've used. This technique is one I still need to try. Thanks for the inspiration. xx

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely stamping technique you used on the vellum Viv - creating such a soft and airy look with your beautiful ferns - and your softly inked die cut sentiment blends with it nicely! Julia xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So gorgeous with the layers of ferns, Viv, and I love how you inked the sentiment to match!!

Loll said...

LOVE this card Viv! This is the perfect technique for your gorgeous fern images. xx

Imke said...

Viv, this looks so pretty and i like how you´ve added the sentiment over the frame. Perfect for the CCC August color theme.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Brenda in IN said...

This is lovely. It won't be long before we start seeing these colors in nature and you captured it beautifully. One of my favorite cards, Viv.

Arlene said...

WOW, I love the embossing and colors. Quite dramatic.

Angelnorth said...

Such a soft and pretty effect Viv, I love it — currently up on my kitchen shelf to enjoy each time I’m passing.

Joanne said...

This is such a lovely card! I had forgotten all about the double velum stamping technique but it is one that often looks so striking.

Bonnie said...

You made me love this technique, Viv! This is beautiful and makes me want to do this technique again! Gorgeous colors!

Mrs.B said...

This is a gorgeous card Viv, love the two colour effect.
Avril xx

BAstelfeti said...

Your Card ist so very very amazing.

Greetings BAstelfeti