Tuesday 5 September 2023

Fantasy at Try It On Tuesday

 Our new challenge starts today at Try It On Tuesday and the challenge prompt this time is 'FANTASY'.
The challenge runs for 2 weeks and am really looking forward to seeing all things mystical and magical over on the challenge blog.

I am a Lavinia fan so obviously I turned to the Lavinia stamp drawer (which still has some space in it - just in case Father Christmas is reading this🎅)

My8" x 6" art piece has been placed in a piece of mountboard ready to be framed.

The Oracle is weary.
But her long journey across the magic lands are nearly over.
She has arrived at the edge of the enchanted forest and can see her home in the far away Dreamweaver Castle.
There is just the water to cross to come to her journey's end and
she will resume her seat on the three legged stool and communicate the prophecies visited upon her.
Her time to rest is almost here.

All stamps are Lavinia apart from the tree line across the water which is Inkylicious and the rocks which are Card-io.

I used a variety of coloured inks for the stamping and blending. Versafine Clair, Elements and Versacolour.

I hope I have inspired you to make something magical to share with us this challenge! x
Sharing too over at
Fairy and Unicorn Challenge - Fantasy

15 comments:

Aquarius said...

A really beautiful piece of art for the fantasy theme. Great use of your Lavinia stamps and I do hope Santa follows your blog and comes up trumps 😉

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful magical stamped scene-love it
Carol x

Brenda in IN said...

I like the fantasy theme and this story is wonderful. What a great card for this. The coloring is fantastic and the scene is beautiful.

Pia S said...

WOW, I'm out of words actually. So many different stamps used and turned into one breathtaking fantasy scene. Well done!

Joan said...

Love your fantasy scene Viv and the story line you wove too


Joan x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! This really is a magical scene and I love your story. Hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

I hope the Oracle makes it home soon. But since she is weary perhaps she needs to rest a bit. This card is very lovely Viv. I haven't done much with Lavinia stamps because I think I only own 2 or 3 of them, but I love how so many people make great scenes with them. Happy week. hugs-Erika

Loll said...

Amazing work-of-art Viv. I love how created your art from the story. Great work! xx

Meggymay said...

A wonderful and fantastic scene you created Viv, it will look awesome framed and hung up. I loved the back story you added as well.
Yvonne x

Carole said...

Truly a superb work of art Viv,,,love it. I hope it is going on one of your walls! xx

Christine Alexander said...

wow what a stunning piece of art work and I love your magical scene ♥

Sarn said...

Fantastic fantasy artwork here Viv. It certainly deserves to be framed. Hugs, Sarnie xxx

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful piece of art, Viv! I'm glad you plan to frame it!

Ilonka said...

Such a pretty card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Fairy and The Unicorn Challenge Blog.
Big hugs Ilonka DT

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous magical scene Viv and I love the story to go with it. Lavinia are a bit addictive, I'm quite new to them, just over a year or so and the wish list is getting rather long, hope Santa takes your hint.
Avril xx