Tuesday 26 September 2023

Flaming Sky

 My friends other half runs a Hot Air Balloon company and in one of our previous houses we were surrounded by fields - it was perfectly normal for him to be flying over the field next door very low - and on two occasions landing in it! Cue one very irritated farmer!
(Have just read that back and it sounds like we move every five minutes - the house I am talking about we were in for almost 30 years!)

I  bought this Card-io set called 'Up Up and Away' last year and this was the first time of inking so I am hopping over to NBUS before this months challenge closes.

I saw something similar to this some time back on Pinterest and with a birthday looming for my friends hubby it was the perfect opportunity to use the set.

I wanted a sunset sky but think I might have overdone it cos it actually looks like the forest below is on fire..............🙈🔥🔥

Regulars to my blog will know how much I like ink blending!
Used Crackling Campfire (how apt!), Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door and Black Soot for my background.

The trees are one of my most used stamp sets - they're from Inkylicious and I love them.

Simply stamped in black Versafine Clair in the foreground and then used Versafine Crimson Red for my second and third generation stamping.
Am sharing over at
MMM- Create your own Background
Dragonfly Dreams - Happy Birthday
Mix It Up - Make your own background
SOS - Colour me Beautiful

19 comments:

Aquarius said...

The soaring balloons are very apt for your friend's card. Love it

HilaryJane said...

I love it, your inking has created such great atmosphere, it's beautiful xx

Heather said...

Beautiful blending, Viv, and such a cool scene! Maybe a little forest-firey, but still stunning - sunsets here in Arizona look like this for sure! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the stamps and fabulous background
Carol x
THank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
Carol DT x

Liz said...

Fabulous card Viv, the background is perfect for a sunset scene. xx

Sally H said...

Wow, Viv! what a stunningly gorgeous card! I absolutely love it!

dj said...

Ink Blending...creative take on our coloring challenge!! Such a beautiful background your have created for our "Color Me Beautiful" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Way to go shopping your stash and thinking outside the box! Glad you joined the fun and played along with us!! Deb Horst, DT #SOS506

Christine Alexander said...

Wow I can feel the heat come off that card, your colour blending is amazing ♥

Anke said...

WOW absolutely stunning, Viv. I love the colours and the great atmosphere.

Hugs
Anke

Brenda in IN said...

What a perfect card for someone who runs a Hot Air Balloon company! The blending is just beautiful on the background. It's just a brilliant sunset that you captured.

Johanna said...

Considering where I live and the wildfires our province has experienced your card is kind of appropriate for the conditions. Spectacular background and beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at MMM, Johanna DT

Darnell said...

And you are the queen of ink blending, Viv! That is an amazing fiery sunset sky, just perfect for the hot air balloon birthday card for your friend! It would be cool to take a sunset ride over a forest like that, a glass of bubbly to hand! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnll

Bonnie said...

What a brilliant backgound, Viv! Your blending skills are enviable! I always thought it would be fun to ride in one of these balloons.

papierelle said...

Especially now, when the sun is significantly lower, the sky can look like this. And I love such color spectacles and I love your card, simply stunningly beautiful!!!

Sarn said...

Great ink blending and lovely stamping. Perfect card for your friend xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Viv, love the colours...

Anne

Sue - said...

Love it! Your inking is wonderful.

Pat said...

Wow Viv I just love the silhouette trees and the fun balloons Viv, and the colours are gorgeous..a beautiful card. x

Sue Jackson said...

What a gorgeous background! Your ink blending is fabulous, and I can't imagine getting up in a hot air balloon, but this looks enticing. Thanks for playing with us at Make My Monday Challenge! I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue - DT