Friday 2 February 2024

Card Chain Challenge January Reveal

 My make for the Card Chain Challenge in January was sent to Helen in Ohio and I received a lovely make from Marianne in Greece!

I was happy that I managed to incorporate the colour option, the Mythical Creatures theme and the Ink Technique this time.

My background was created with Wilted Violet and a touch of Tattered Rose for the sky for the nearest to Amethyst I could get!

I masked off the moon and inked round it using VersaMagic Sea Breeze for the Aqua colour.

For the Slate I stamped the tree in Memento Grey Flannel.

I tried stamping the unicorn in the same colour but he really didn't stand out so opted to over stamp a couple of times (thank goodness for Misti!) with Versafine Smokey Grey. The over stamping really darkened him.

A few trees on the horizon with the Grey Flannel and the flowers and foliage at the bottom using all the inks mentioned before.

I blended some Hickory Smoke round the edge.

My little Unicorn simply had to have a little bit of sparkle added to his horn, mane and tail but doesn't show very well in the pic. The light here over the winter months has been terrible for taking pics!
 
There is still time for you to link up for the February challenge - everything you need to know over on the Card Chain blog!

10 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful atmospheric scene and love all the stamps.
Carol x

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful magical scene you created! I am sure Helen absolutely loved receiving it!

Dotty Jo said...

I love the misty, dreamy look of your card, Viv! So pretty. Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Jo x

Aquarius said...

This is beautiful with the unicorn happily grazing in the misty landscape

Julia Aston said...

Love the ethereal, shadowy Look to your pretty landscape Viv, a wonderful mix of Lavinia stampings used here! Julia xx

HilaryJane said...

What a great atmosphere you have created on your card. Perfect for your mystical beast. Great use of those colours too xx

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous scenic card and silly me didn't clock it was a unicorn to start with. Head in the slow and akl that. Hugs Mrs A.

Arlene said...

Such a beautiful scene! Arlene

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Ooo -love how you've used the colors on this beautiful scene, Viv - sweet unicorn too!!

papierelle said...

Amazing card and beautiful implementation of the color palette.