Tuesday 30 January 2024

More Text

 We are mid way through our 'Add Some Text' challenge at Try It On Tuesday and once again we have some lovely entries - you still have time to join us too!

For my second make for this challenge I went back to largely CAS.
After a lot of inky makings a little change was nice!

I wasn't sure about the text on this one.
It's from an Altenew set called 'Moments In Time' which I have never used - I'd be interested to know if you like it?
I personally think the exclamation mark at the end kind of spoils the message!

I never have much success with Brushos - I normally spray too much water and it turns out a blobby mess!  I've watched endless tutorials too.

But I wiped the dust off the little tubs (they've been neglected for a long time) and after 3 attempts for this make I managed to achieve the background I wanted!

Those who know me know I am a bit of a Lavinia freak - but this stamp rates among my all time Lavinia faves - I just love it! I resisted adding any colour or bling to her wings just leaving as a plain silhouette.

So quite a simple card and if you're good with Brushos you could probably have it done in half an hour!

Thanks for visiting me today and thank you for any comments you leave - I really appreciate it! x

8 comments:

Carole said...

Well I love this...including the sentiment which I think is beautiful. I can't say i really took notice of the exclamation mark until you said about it, but I see it is a strong statement ..it's true! I think your brusho background is lovely and as always Lavinia stamps are beautiful...just on their own or twinkled, coloured whatever...they never fail to please me.xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card and stamp,love the brusho background and sentiment but I know what you mean about the exclamation mark.
Carol x

Aquarius said...

A lovely CAS card and think I'm inclined to agree about the exclamation mark on the sentiment although to be honest I probably wouldn't have noticed it had you not mentioned it 😉. That is certainly a lovely stamp and you've achieved some great subtle Brusho spatters on this card. They can give quite unpredictable results which I suppose is part of the fun and I usually keep all the pieces I colour (good or bad) and most of them are used eventually for something or other. I find they can often be used for die cutting small bits and pieces such as flower heads, either stamped first or just die cut depending on what you have.

HilaryJane said...

I love the simplicity of this and your brusho paint background is just perfect. Well done for persevering. I have never tried to make a less is more background with brushos, but you have made it work brilliantly. I really like the sentiment and didn't really notice the exclamation mark until you mentioned it. I think it works really well xx

Glennis F said...

Fabulous card Viv, my Brusho's are sadly neglected too, thanks for the inspiration

Liz said...

Wonderful card, Viv. I have this Lavinia stamp too, it’s really lovely left as a silhouette and your Brusho background is perfect.
Liz xx

Christine Alexander said...

love the little sprinkles of colour, I need to pull out my Brushos xx

Sarn said...

A fab CAS card. Lavinia and Brusho splatters? What’s not to love?

Can’t say I would’ve given the exclamation mark much thought. But I see what you mean, now that I have!

I am a great believer in having stamps that work for you, so I would take my scalpel or scissors to the stamp and either cut off the annoying punctuation mark or completely slice the stamp in half and have only the first line! Xxx