Tuesday 6 February 2024

Try It On Tuesday - new challenge

Our challenge theme at Try It On Tuesday for the next two weeks is HEARTS AND/OR FLOWERS
 

I was having a bit of a mooch through a box of odd pieces saved from other makes when I found two pieces left over from an acrylic dirty pour a long time back.

Looking at them I wondered why I kept a couple of them cos they were very small and odd shaped but obviously I was psychic as they fitted perfectly into the idea I had in my head for this challenge!
 
I embossed a piece of cardstock for some texture on the background then die cut my heart from the biggest saved piece.

I used the other small pieces to paper piece the flowers.
Am not sure whether I will use this as an anniversary card or another occasion so currently no sentiment!

I need to do this technique a little more often as I really enjoy it and you never know what patterns and designs are going to turn out!

Hope that you can find time to join us this challenge - look forward to seeing your creations as always! x

19 comments:

Aquarius said...

A really striking card - love it. I quite enjoy colouring techniques which give unpredictable results, a lovely surprise when you get to see the outcome (usually anyway) and even if they aren't what you were intending can be kept and used for something or other 😁

My name is Erika. said...

Wow Viv, what a stunning card. I love that bright paper. It really pops against the white, and the background texture is super. Hope all is well. hugs-Erika

Brenda in IN said...

This is awesome. I've never done dirty pour but this card inspired me. The colors are beautiful and this shows how inventive you are by using scraps to make a fantastic card.

Carole said...

Stunner of a card Viv, down to your 'pouring snippets' that you so sensibly kept. xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! Love how you used the acrylic pour for the die cut pieces, the colours really pop - perfect 😊. Wishing you a Happy February ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning card Viv,love the embossed background and the dirty pour heras are absolutely beautiful.
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

That acrylic pour looks amazing and you have used up those scraps perfectly with this wonderful CAS creation. I love it xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous effect- I really love this card Viv, hugs, Chrisx

Christine Alexander said...

Love the retro look on your hearts, the paint pour makes for the perfect background for the heart and the die cut flowers.

Meggymay said...

I love how you used the coloured pieces you had saved, its a stylish elegant card Viv.
Yvonne

Helen said...

This is so pretty! LOVE the colours from your acrylic pour!! ((HUGS)) Helen

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Viv!! I LOVE the marble look of your dirty pour. Great work! xx

Joan said...

Love your card Viv, the paint pouring pieces are stunning, lovely colours


Joan x

Mrs A. said...

What beautiful colours and striking design your dirty pour created. Those scraps were well worth saving for this elegant card. Hugs mrs A.

Sarn said...

Beautiful card. Great use of your dirty pour experiment snippets x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So inventive to use those found dirty pours to create the flower heads and heart. Reminds me of melted chocolate... scrumptious upon the embossed backing. Thank you for the inspiration.
Tracey x

Jules said...

Hi Viv

A great card!

Loving those poured snippets .. .. a great finished card. The background looks amazing too.

Love Jules xx

Pat said...

Wow Viv, this piece of an acrylic paint pour is gorgeous and a perfect left over piece to use for this card and such pretty die cut flowers to go with the heart, and love the textured embossed background which looks great. x

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous dirty pour pattern for your heart and flower, Viv! Wow!