Thursday, 6 August 2026

Another for CAS Mix Up!

As I'm the host this month for the CAS Mix Up challenge I thought I'd do another make!
My theme is Stencil Over Patterned Paper and to be fair it was not a technique that I've used often but surprisingly I enjoyed doing it! 

The hardest part was picking out a patterned piece that I thought I could do something with and to create within the rules regarding the CAS remit (which are on the challenge blog)

This piece of card was one of those that you like but don't know what to do with! 

It came in a pack of 'tropical' themed backgrounds and to be honest I wasn't sure that pink was the best colour option for ferns.

Anyway as luck would have it I had a fern stencil (bought some time back and never used) which was perfect. 
(Sharing over at NBUS and Stencil Fun too!)

I used Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Paste and was really pleased with how it turned out. The sparkle is really good and I actually managed to apply it smoothly and evenly without smudging anywhere else!

I opted to stamp the sentiment in pink to tie it all together.

If you've not tried this technique please give it a go - it's amazing what you can do with a piece of patterned paper! (My first card is a little down the page)

Lots of inspiration from the rest of the CAS Mix Up DT  and a few tips and tricks on the blog too!

Thanks for looking  and have a great day whatever you're doing. x  

3 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card, love the pink fern paper and sentiment finished off with the beautiful sparkly stencilled fern.
Carol x

Aquarius said...

You've done a grand job making a CAS card using this patterned paper technique. Patterned paper usually means (to me anyway) a relatively elaborate card but this one is a great example of what can be achieved.

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Viv!! Love how you've this pretty-in-pink tropical paper with the glitter fern stencil. It's an amazing combination. LOVE it! xx