As I'm the host this month for the CAS Mix Up challenge I thought I'd do another make!
My theme is Stencil Over Patterned Paper and to be fair it was not a technique that I've used often but surprisingly I enjoyed doing it!
This piece of card was one of those that you like but don't know what to do with!
It came in a pack of 'tropical' themed backgrounds and to be honest I wasn't sure that pink was the best colour option for ferns.
Anyway as luck would have it I had a fern stencil (bought some time back and never used) which was perfect.
(Sharing over at NBUS and Stencil Fun too!)
I used Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Paste and was really pleased with how it turned out. The sparkle is really good and I actually managed to apply it smoothly and evenly without smudging anywhere else!
I opted to stamp the sentiment in pink to tie it all together.
If you've not tried this technique please give it a go - it's amazing what you can do with a piece of patterned paper! (My first card is a little down the page)
Lots of inspiration from the rest of the CAS Mix Up DT and a few tips and tricks on the blog too!
Thanks for looking and have a great day whatever you're doing. x

12 comments:
Fabulous card, love the pink fern paper and sentiment finished off with the beautiful sparkly stencilled fern.
Carol x
You've done a grand job making a CAS card using this patterned paper technique. Patterned paper usually means (to me anyway) a relatively elaborate card but this one is a great example of what can be achieved.
Gorgeous card Viv!! Love how you've this pretty-in-pink tropical paper with the glitter fern stencil. It's an amazing combination. LOVE it! xx
What a fab card Viv and that paper is beautiful and the added sparkly fern goes brilliantly. I love the curvy vertical shape and the sentiment in a lovely coordinating shade of pink looks great too. x
Oh I love this. Your stencilled sparkle is just wonderful xx
First, I LOVE ferns, so I think this is brilliant, Vivi! The pattern, the card design, and the schparkle, what's not to be pleased about? I can't wait to try this new-to-me idea for making pretty cards and using pp! Bonus! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Dolly
Oh Viv . . . this is SO, SO pretty! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Stencil Fun challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Stencil Fun Co-Owner
wow, what a stunning card, the pink and gold really make the whole thing pop. xx
Never mind the technique (which you mastered brilliantly BTW) - I adore your choice of colours and the split panel layout! Hugs, Kate!
It's always a delight to see you in the Playground and with such a lovely card too! Perfect use of snippets - love to you and hubs!
Di xxx
I love everything about this card Viv. It’s a great idea to stencil on top of patterned paper and create something unique.
Hugs, Sarnie xxx
This is so pretty. I love the shades of pink on the patterned paper, perfect backdrop for that gorgeous fern stenciled over the top.
Post a Comment