Thursday 18 July 2019

CAS Stencil Mid Month

Half way through my first month as member of the CAS Stencil DT and I have another card to share.

The challenge this month is being hosted by Cathy and she has chosen Alcohol Inks/Alcohol Lift.

As I did the 'lift technique' with my first card, I decided to try some basic use of the inks with a stencil by simply applying with a piece of felt on an applicator onto Yupo paper.

I used Butterscotch first then spotted a teeny bit of Orange Sunset onto the pad and just dabbed over the honeycomb stencil.

The mottled effect turned out fine (I think😌)

The bees were stamped, the larger one fussy cut and both were coloured with watercolours.
I used some Glossy accents on the wings and they really DO shine!

A curvy die and a couple of black gems finished my card.

The ladies at CAS Stencil have some amazing examples of how to use your stencils with Alcohol Inks - please pop over and leave them some comments - and of course - get your own inks and stencils out and join us!
Other challenges -

CAS on Friday  - 'Use a Stencil'
Addicted to Stamps - CAS Summer card
Thanks for looking today! x 

22 comments:

Aquarius said...

A striking card and such precise fussy cutting on the bee - love it. I must go and check out the alcohol ink techniques with stencils - not tried this at all. In fact my alcohol inks haven't seen the light of day for ages!

Liz said...

Brilliant design, Viv. I love the inky hexagon panel. xx

Mac Mable said...

Such beautiful stencilling and love the unique effect. Glorious CAS card x

Kathleen said...

What a brilliant design and a cute image, love the honeycomb stencil.

Kath x

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a sweet card, Viv! Your ink lifting is fabulous on the honeycomb and I love how you added texture to the shapes with Butterscotch AI! I also love how you fussy cut the bumblebee...it's just perfect! Barb xx

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely honeycomb you created with your AI's Viv! So fun with the die cut edges to just reveal a bit of the honey - protected by your sweet bees! xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love the design of your gorgeous card Viv your honeycomb backgrounders is great and a beautifully fussy cut little bee

Anne

Bonnie said...

This is fantastic, Viv! I'm putting this in my CASE file!

aussie aNNie said...

Love this and the bee looks like a spring one.xx

Linda said...

I love this .... the honeycomb looks amazing and those little bees look real. Great job with the fussy cutting! xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Fantastic AI card Cathy love the wave die cut split to display your honeycomb background for the bee theme

Wendy said...

Love this Viv, it’s gorgeous, fabulous design...will pop over and take a look :)
Wendy Xx

Wendy said...

Just popped over to challenge, now a follower :) Congrats on your new DT, they are lucky to have you.
Wendy xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

That is so cute love it

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous alcohol ink honeycomb background, Viv. I Love how you used your curved die cut over your background and your beautiful bees added a wonderful finishing touch. I do see the shine with your glossy accents on the wings. Wonderful fussy cutting and sentiment too. TFS my friend. Hugs...Nancy

Marlies said...

A fantastic Summer card Viv. A lovely design with the honeycomb background behind the diecut and a very nice effect with the big 3d bee. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

Pia S said...

Super layout, with the stenciled area showing through the cut out part. Nice effect of glossy accent on the bees’ wings too.

Joan said...

This is a fabulous card Viv , love the cut out area


Joan x

papierelle said...

So beautiful, a perfect CAS-card.

Mrs A. said...

I have just been Makng a bee card today but not in these colours. Your card is a perfect CAS. Mine is very fussy. Hugs Mrs A.

Linby said...

This is just stunning, love your design, executed brilliantly.

Sally H said...

Gorgeous! The mottled effect is perfect!