Saturday 4 April 2020

CAS Stencil April

Time for another challenge at CAS Stencil and this month, Cathy has chosen the theme of 'Gilding Flakes'.

Oh boy was there some fun in our joint Office/Craft Room/Gaming Room when the husband decided to be nosey and see what was in that jar of shiny papery stuff................now everyone knows that shiny papery stuff is not to be messed with - particularly by someone who hasn't a clue what he is doing -  and tipping the jar slightly when opening is definitely not recommended. We had lovely papery confetti EVERYWHERE. After a massive clean up operation I think in future he may just leave my side of the room well alone.....
So here's my card

Laid my stencil over a piece of white pearl cardstock and applied the glue.
A few Gilding Flakes next on the top of the stencil and glue and I have a small 'Scoochy' Polishing sponge (similar to a piece of Stamp Cleaning pad!) to work the flakes in.

I picked out the copper colour of the flakes using a piece of copper mirri card to frame the gilded piece and die cut a leafy branch.
The sentiment is done in Copper Metallic Ink.

I have used this stencil quite a lot and was pleased with the different effect of the gilding flakes -definitely stretching my stencil stash!

Lots of inspiration and a couple of links to tutorials over on the challenge blog - and a gorgeous make from our wonderfully talented Guest Designer  Mac   - please join us this month - we love to see your work in the gallery!

21 comments:

Aquarius said...

Gilding flakes should certainly NOT be investigated by the uninitiated!! This is a lovely effect and it must look super in real life.

HilaryJane said...

This is beautiful, I love the copper colour and the sparkle from the card. That really is a great stencil. Shame about the mess in the creative process! xx

Carole said...

OOo shiny and very nice! I like the added touch of copper. Bet hubby will leave well alone now!..lol xx

Mac Mable said...

What a striking card with a fun technique. Your card is unique and amazing Viv x. So very eye catching x.
I have loved joining you this month and had a little chuckle about DH and the pot of flakes x.

Mrs A. said...

Well I hope hubby is going to buy you a new jar! Lol. Lovely result on your card. This reminds me of years ago (late 70's when bean bags were all the rage for the kids to sit on) and my friend Diane decided to wash the cover on her daughters beany. Thinking that it had an inner lining holding the poly styrene balls she just grabbed the zip and you just know what happened next, a snow storm in the lounge. She was vacuuming those tiny balls up for months afterwards!! Hugs Mrs A.

Meggymay said...

A fabulous effect with the gilding flakes, I hope your hubby helped with the cleaning up.
Its a beautiful card and a lovely stencil to use.
Stay safe and well.
Yvonne xx

Kathleen said...

Just love the use of the copper for the frame and the branch, a super background too.

Kath x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Viv, I love the copper tones. Husband's they just don't know when to walk away do they.

Sue xx

Julia Aston said...

I can just imagine the flying out of gilding flakes when DH opened the jar Viv!! Even when I'm careful - it goes EVERYWHERE! This is so pretty with the predominate silver and touches of copper - love the copper framing and die cut layered over the panel - a beautiful design

Cathy said...

Gorgeous shimmery card Viv, love the touch of copper too. I laughed out loud when I read about your DH opening the jar! Something mine would do too. I hope you've still got plenty left, Cathy x

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful Viv, that background is a stunner so much sparkle and shine from the gilding flakes. Love it :)

Barb Ghig said...

Your card turned out beautifully, Viv! I love the mix of copper and silver...it's so striking!

Darnell said...

This is literally and figuratively brilliant, Viv! I melt over copper so I can't stop staring at it! As for hubby being snoopy, I can just imagine the mess!! Take care and stay safe, my friend! Hugs, Dolly

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful stenciled with gilding flakes background, Viv. Loved your pretty branch and your copper accents. A real beauty...I bet your DH Never touches your stamp supplies again..lol! Stay safe and creative, my friend. Hugs...Nancy

Loll said...

WOW! Amazing card Viv! LOVE the gilding flakes over top of the pearl background. And I love the bits of copper that you've picked up on with your die-cut and framing. Great work, my friend! xx

KandA said...

Fabulous card Viv, love the effect you got with the gilding flakes xx

Linda said...

This is beautiful. I love the little hints of colour from the gilding flakes they relly do pop against the copper coloured frame and die cut xx

Bonnie said...

This is so elegant, Viv! Love all the shine of the gilding flakes and copper mirri narrow frame and die cut leaves! The first time I use gilding flakes, I had the ceiling fan on. Won't do that again!

Mrs.B said...

This looks stunning.
Avril xx

Pat said...

I have just realised that I hadn't commented on this gorgeous gilded card Viv. The stencil looks beautiful with the gilding and the copper die cut and frame together with the copper ink for the sentiment really finishes this to add lots of pizzazz. x

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, the mix of silver and copper is stunning. I love the addition of the copper sprig. My grandson did the same thing with a jar of shaved ice!