Friday 3 July 2020

Vellum Greetings

Isn't it lovely when you see something and you have a light bulb moment and think 'I could do something like that'!!
That is what happened when I saw a card over on Susan's blog which had been inspired by something she saw on Pinterest.
The original is using Alexander Renke paper which as those who live here in the UK know is a little bit like trying to source Rocking Horse Poo for your rose bushes (with a price tag to match) - so I decided to stamp my botanical images background instead!

I used a variety of leaves and foliage stamps, inking them in Bundled Sage DI and some Versafine pale blues and greens.
Vellum laid over and a die cut sentiment with a couple of enamel dots and finished.

This was quite a quick card to make and I am really pleased with the outcome.

Hope you like it too!

We finally got to see my Ma-In Law recently for the first time since lockdown and even though her broken back has healed reasonably well she is struggling now with the steps outside her door.
So she has made the decision she needs to move to ground floor sheltered accommodation.

Which sounds fine - except we are now faced with the mammoth task of clearing out her current place before we can put it on the market. She has been to say the least a hoarder!
This week I have brought home 2 massive cardboard boxes full of unused unopened sewing thread (last week it was SIX cupboards full of material!!) I am placing the threads on a craft site to see if any of my friends want them - so if you are looking for sewing thread going cheap here in the UK, send me a message and I will send you some details!

Have a lovely day whatever you're doing and thanks for any comments you leave! x

18 comments:

Lynne said...

Your card is really pretty Viv. I've had a peek at the original and you've pulled it off perfectly.
Lynne x

Babs said...

Your card is every so pretty Viv , beautiful flowers and fab stamping , the vellum and sentiment finishes you card off perfectly..simply gorgeous.
Babs x

Glennis F said...

I think I prefer your version - it is gorgeous!

Vicky Hayes said...

Absolutely stunning with that watercolour look and those beautiful soft colours made even softer by the vellum. LOVE this Viv!

So pleased you've been able to see your MiL. It's a funny old thing hoarding - and it's never the hoarder that has to deal with it!!

Have a great weekend, Vicky x

Kathleen said...

Really gorgeous background and a really lovely card.

Kath x

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous--one of my favorites! You definitely didn't need the expensive paper!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Viv, I love the vellum overlay with the sentiment on top.

Sue xx

brenda said...

Made me smile, I've no rocking horses but barrow loads of he real stuff! Lovely whispy summery feel to your card.

B x

Stamps and Paper said...

What a pretty card Viv I love the subtle colours ...don’t envy you clearing out M.I.L place....I’m trying to slowly clear my craft room That’s a mammoth task in its self...

Anne

Meggymay said...

Its good that you got to see your MIL, nothing can take the place of physically seeing someone in person. \good luck with the house clearly, its no easy job.
A beautiful card with an equally lovely background, I love those soft colours.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Ros Crawford said...

This is so beautiful and better than paper! You sure have a job on your hands helping your MIL... shame you aren't nearer have a terrific sturdy Ramp just taking up space in the garage that may have helped with those steps

Bonnie said...

LOL, I love your take on finding AR products and you have found your own creative way to make a background that is just as beautiful as any paper you could buy! Love the vellum with the die cut sentiment! Good luck helping your MIL move. A very daunting task!

Aquarius said...

Just love the delicate nature of this pretty card, great idea to add the vellum strip and die cut sentiment. Good luck with the clearance job, don't envy you that one.

Liz said...

Love this card Viv, so pretty and feminine. Good luck with your MIL's move. Sounds like it will be quite a job! xx

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful card Viv. The stamping is so pretty and the vellum strip over the top looks wonderful. Yes I know exactly what you mean about Alexander Renke papers here in the UK....Glad your Mum is on the mend but hard work with the clearing out etc....x

TK said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love your flower stamping, it's just too gorgeous for words!

Debbie said...

How beautiful is this card. I love the colours. It's really pretty

Pat said...

A great CASEing of Susan's pretty card but I like your vertical vellum better I think and the die cut sentiment over the top with the pretty white enamel dots and the rounded edges look great too. Really elegant and prettily inked foliage, a gorgeous card Viv. x