Saturday 19 December 2020

Monochrome

I've continued making Christmas cards! I think because I wasn't rushed this year it has made it something I've enjoyed so have decided to not put away the Christmas stamps. I am going to keep a few makes out - just in case there's anyone I have forgotten!


I like monochrome but usually add a pop of colour - when I finished this card though, I liked it just as it was, so the idea of coloured stars on the top of the front line of trees was discarded.
A simple to do card with some second and third generation stamping. I added some well watered down Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide under the trees and under the deer for some shading and smudged a white Posca pen over the top of it.
A liberal spattering of the Posca pen to finish it off.

We have this morning put up the Christmas Tree! This is nothing unusual for us as we always wait till the week before - it's not that I am a complete Bah Humbug person (!) but to be honest I have never been any different - I get sick of looking at it if it goes up too soon!
Waiting for it to go a little darker then as always I will take a pic for our yearly album - which this year is a little sparse as we've not been anywhere - and I don't want a pic of the front of Aldi or Tesco in there!

Thanks for calling in today. Hope all is well in your part of blogland. xx
Sharing over at
MTTC - Monochrome
Alphabet - S for Snow Scene
Fezziwigs - Last Minute Christmas
Crimbo Crackers - Anything Christmas Goes
Sweet Stampin - Last Minute Christmas

25 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

What a beautiful snow scene! Love that you kept the details at a minimum. Perfectly done! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you join us again soon. Happy Holidays!

Aquarius said...

This is a beautiful card and good that you decided to keep it monochrome - I think colour would have spoiled the classic effect in this case. We never used to decorate the house or put up the tree until the weekend prior to the big day - much to the irritation of the children I must say!!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is stunning, what a lovely card. I really like the monochrome feel to it. I put my tree up early this year, just to try and cheer us up. Thank You for sharing with me over on Fezziwigs, Sending Seasons Greetings, Stay Safe, Hazel x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card Viv, love the depth you've achieved with the stamping, certainly didn't need anything adding.
Avril xx

Katrina Bufton said...

Beautiful card xx

Kathleen said...

A really super card, fantastic background with great shadows in the lovely snow, lovely stage too. Classy card.

Kath x

Carole said...

Lovely card Viv...I like the monochrome look. A lovely wintry scene. xx

Mrs A. said...

Yes , I do think leaving the stars off was a good idea as this is just sensational as it is. Hugs Mrs A.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Viv such a serene scene

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful monochrome card Viv....we have put up a few decorations as we will now be on own..like you I am always ready to take them down and this is usually New Years day

Anne

Brenda in IN said...

This is a picture postcard! I wouldn't send it, I would frame it and hang it. It is so beautiful and definitely a work of art.

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful monochromatic card and what fabulous stamping Viv x. Yay to the tree going up x.

Bonnie said...

A beautiful scene, Viv! So peaceful! Great job with the shadows!

HilaryJane said...

Brilliant card Viv, those trees look great, you have conjured up a cold crisp misty morning. I know what you mean about the tree but I have started to put mine up a bit earlier now simply because I don't like taking it down when it feels as though I only put it up yesterday! Something about time going quicker when we get older I suppose xx

Susan Joyce said...

Gorgeous scene, love the monochromatic theme.

Billie A said...

Beautiful snow scene and just stunning card. So glad you shared over at Alphabet challenge.

TK said...

Beautiful and peaceful! The monochrome is beautiful with this scene

Marlies said...

A beautiful elegant and stylish card Viv. A wonderful effect with the black and white. Merry Christmas

Linby said...

Wow! This is stunning, love the monochrome - I want to try that now! Thanks for the inspiration.
Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.
Merry Christmas

Sarn said...

Stunning. I love monochromatic cards. Perfect just as it is xxx

Ros Crawford said...

It's a beauty Viv! just perfect in monochrome. Have a wonderful Christmas... Be safe be well and enjoy!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A beautful card Viv and there's always something quite dramatic about monochromatic cards. Lots of lovely stamping here and you've created a great sense of depth with the trees with your use of second generation stamping, I love it! x

junemac2 said...

Viv that is one of the most beautiful cards i have seen this year. I agree colour would have taken away from it. In have not made cards for years properly but you do inspire me and as long as i don't have to do lots of layering designs and such, i may just do some cards in 2021.Funnily enough i made a mixed media collage card yesterday for the first time in ages. Will post on my next blog. Thanks so much for your lovely comment and welcome back. It means a lot to me.
Wishing you the happiest most beautiful Christmas and New year dear friend. xxxx June xxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Stunning creation! LOVE it!! Thanks for joining in our 'Last Minute Christmas Challenge'. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Becca Sadler said...

Fabulous forest scene Christmas card! Thanks for participating in our monochromatic Christmas challenge at MTTC challenge blog! --Becca/DT