Friday 4 December 2020

Winter!

Yep Winter is here! Some snow overnight that thawed a little then we've been treated to a couple of hours of the white stuff so we have a nice covering! Probably not going to last but I have had the pleasure of looking out on it (cos I love it) whilst warm inside the house!

My share for today is snowy too! 

A piece of watercolour card to start then I stamped and white heat embossed the branches - an old one so not sure who's make).
I had a small feathery pine needle stamp in my stash. It is one of the first clear stamps that I bought -  came in a set with some ivy, a reindeer and a small brick wall stamp -  it's a bit yellow now but still stamps OK so I stamped that on the ends of some of the branches and heat embossed it too.

I used a broad watercolour brush loaded with water across the background first then added the colour allowing it to fade out as I went down the page.

Once dry, some Nuvo Drops for shimmery berries and a liberal spattering with a white Posca pen in an attempt to make it look like the snow was falling from the branches!

The die cut is a Gemini 'window' stamp and die set with the word simply chopped off from the 'window'.
I still have some more cards to put addresses on so that's my job for today - in between gazing out on my very own Winter Wonderland - you have to make the most of it whilst you can and it's cheered me up a bit watching the sheep slowly blend into the white landscape!
Hope you are safe and warm wherever you are. x

Linking at
ABC Christmas - Y for Your Fave thing (and one of mine is definitely snow!)
Krafty Chicks - Stamp Act
Shopping Our Stash - Let It Snow

18 comments:

Aquarius said...

Beautiful wintry effect on this lovely card. I'm sure your real snow looks lovely too, seem to recall you have a really spectacular view from your house. Always best viewed from inside in the warm though. Enjoy

Julia Aston said...

I actually got a shiver looking at this beautiful COLD winter scene Viv! what a great snowy sky and wonderful white branch!

Carole said...

Lovely wintry card Viv...you certainly have achieved the snowy look and clever ombre background. Just sleet here this side of the Pennines! xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is beautiful, what agreat card. Snow here tooo but it melted by morning!! Boooo!!! Loved seeing it during the night, Stay Safe and have a lovely weekend, Hazelxx

Lynne said...

I'll enjoy you having snow Viv, I hate the stuff, it's cold. We have rain and dark grey skies and that's bad enough. Can you tell I'm missing spring/summer ha ha?
Your card is fab. I love what you've done with the pine needles stamp.
Lynne x

Liz said...

A beautiful wintery card, Viv. I love the ombre effect. It's been pretty cold here today, with snow predicted in a few days. If we have any snow, I'll enjoy staying in the warm and watching it through the window. xx

Kathleen said...

A really super background and it certainly has a great wintery feel to it.

Kath x

Christine Alexander said...

love the colours, such a beautiful winter scene:)

Brenda in IN said...

This is lovely. The watercolor wash is a gorgeous background for the pines. Love the addition of the berries too.

TK said...

Your card is beautiful and transported me straight to your winter wonderland! Love the snow, the white and all the beauty

crafty-stamper said...

Love the white embossed stamping against the blue sky-We have had a couple of snow flurries but as been wet and raining for two days not enough to lay
Carol x

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh what an amazing card! i almost feel slightly chilly looking at that realistically "snowy day" sky! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (snowy!) STASH with us this fortnight!

Dorte said...

Such a wonderful snowy card, very elegent. Thank you so very much for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Dorte x

Bonnie said...

You have definitely captured the essence of a snowy day with this card, Viv! So pretty!

Mac Mable said...

Winter wonderland outside and inside Viv....Such a beautiful and atmospheric card x.

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous snowy card Viv! This time of year everything looks dirty and dull outside so seeing the crisp white snow (especially when being stuck indoors) must be a joy at least for the tie it lasted. Stay warm!

Sally H said...

A wonderful wintry effect! It looks as cold there as it was in that barn I was sat in last Friday! Absolutely gorgeous!

HilaryJane said...

The only time I like snow is if I do not have to leave the house for it's duration! This card really conjures up the snowy scene, it is great xx