Sunday 11 September 2022

Inspired by a walk!


We've been out for our usual walk this morning, and as always we remind ourselves how very lucky we are to have all this countryside on our doorstep and also be within 10 minutes of the coastline!

I always take lots of pics when we're walking as I enjoy comparing the season changes, watching the planting, growing, harvesting etc as well as the changing colours.
This morning's fave pic -

Autumn may well be on it's way despite us having some very pleasant temperatures!

This field is the last one to be harvested and I suspect it won't be long before it's done.

I came back and sat at the craftie space and made this card.

The reverse stamping on vellum technique is one which I am enjoying (even if I'm not enjoying trying to take decent pics!)

The pic looks like there's a shadow or a dirty mark on the last seed head.... there isn't!

This stamp is from Bee Crafty Beautanicals collection and is the smaller of the Teasel set.

The reverse stamping was done using Versamagic Sahara Sand.

Made for no other reason other than the teasels were in my head when we got home.
Sharing over at 

Country View - Season of Mists and Fruitfulness
Four Seasons - Autumn

Thanks for looking! x


17 comments:

Sarn said...

WOW - great inspiration picture and a lovely card from it too. FAB xxx

Diane said...

Wow, a beautiful card and great photo for inspiration too! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Can You Handle The Pressure}

Darlene said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL and what a GREAT IDEA!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your STENCILS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at Crazy is our fame – STENCILS are our game (aka STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE. The fun begins OCTOBER 4th … Hope to see you there!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful -I love teasels and just made a card using a teasel stamp too-not blogged yet though
Carol x

Aquarius said...

This technique is really effective and thanks for sharing the lovely teasel photo which inspired you

Carole said...

Wow...stunning...love it Viv xx

Karen Letchworth said...

This is lovely, Viv. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

Christine Alexander said...

Teasels are some of my favourite stamp images, so beautiful in the double sided stamping ♥

Liz said...

Wonderful card, Viv. I still need to try this technique with the vellum. Thanks for the inspiration. xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Viv and a great inspiration photo too.

Sue xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Like you Viv we are very lucky to be surrounded by countryside but we are 40
mins from the sea...you get great inspiration from what is around us...your card is perfect Viv...

Anne

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the way your country walk inspired this beautiful card Viv. The reverse stamping is a perfect technique to use with these teasels. Funnily enough I have just returned from a walk with the dogs where the view is very similar to your photo on my right as I walk along with the river on my left (with the added sound of splashing pups and the feel of sprays of cold water as they leap out and shake all over me!) Vicky x

Bonnie said...

Another fantastic vellum piece, Viv! A perfect remembrance of you walk! (The photo looks great to me.)

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful photo you took and it was a great inspiration for the gorgeous card! Love how it turned out!
Thanks so much for joining us this month at Four Seasons challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

TK said...

Pretty card, and that technique is just so unique! Lovely rendition of your peaceful morning

HilaryJane said...

Thanks for sharing the picture of your lovely countryside, you are very lucky and to be so close to the sea as well, perfect. You really have nailed this technique, your card is beautiful. It has been on my list to try for a long time but somehow I haven't got it ti yet. In fact I am not getting to much at the moment. My mind just flits all over the place and doesn't want to settle anywhere! I think we are losing the mild weather soon so make the most of it xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous ! Thank you for your contribution to our September challenge over at Country View Challenges ! Corrie x