Saturday 24 September 2022

A bit of inky magic (and a picture heavy post!)

Sharing an inky make today!
Whilst I love CAS, I also love ink blending - I made a card in similar colours a little while ago (here) and I liked the way they blended together so made another.

The colours are all lilac/purple shades and pinks.

I used a moon mask from Inkylicious this time instead of my usual coins as I wanted something a bit bigger!

All the stamps are Inkylicious and Lavinia.

This was sent to a friend for her Birthday although I left the front without a sentiment - I just liked the scene as it was.

Linking up at
Alphabet - M for Magic
Fairy and Unicorn - A/Fantasy Goes

We had a few days away last week in the beautiful Lake District - so lucky to be so close to this lovely part of the world and we were blessed with sunshine during our stay. Took hundreds of pics! 
Despite my iffy knee we had a tramp up to the very top of Gowbarrow Fell - a great sense of achievement for me although I regretted attempting it on the way back down😔 - and of course the following day my knee told me in no uncertain terms that we weren't going to repeat it anytime soon!
But - we managed to take in such a lot whilst there - here's some pics.

Thanks for calling in today - have a lovely weekend! x

18 comments:

meg said...

A wonderful choice of background colours and stamped images,a truly magical card,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

crafty-stamper said...

Looks a beautiful place my eldest son and his wife have been a couple of times but we have never been!Gorgeous card love the colours and silhouette stamps
Carol x

Aquarius said...

A beautiful and magical card, loving the delicate colour blending and all the intricate details. Pleased to hear you had a lovely holiday, thanks for sharing your photos of the fabulous scenery.

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Viv, you created a really magical scene...fabulous colours and blending...thank you for sharing you ho;iday photos they are stunning

Anne

Brenda in IN said...

Beautiful blending and gorgeous colors for your card. What a stunning place you got to visit. The scenery is gorgeous. I'm sorry about your knee but it did pay off in the view. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

HilaryJane said...

What a beautiful scene, love the softly inked background behind those gorgeous silhouette stamps. Thanks for sharing some pics from your holiday too. What an amazing place xx

Glennis F said...

Love the colours of your card Viv, and thanks for sharing your holiday photos, such beautiful scenery!

Carole said...

A fabulous card Viv..super inking and design. Your photos of your break away are beautiful...hope the scenery inspired you. Glad to see you happy and smiling! xx

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, love the scene you created and the ink blending is stunning! As are your photos, what a beautiful place, Cathy x

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous Lavinia card and love the pics of the Lake District :)

Sarn said...

A beautifully inked and stamped card Viv.

LOVELY pictures of your trip to the Lake District. xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful scene that you've created Viv, I love it. Great photos from your trip.

Sue xx

Bonnie said...

Beautiful scenery, Viv, both on your card and from your vacation!

Sue - said...

Beautiful card and some lovely photos too.

TK said...

Beautiful card, your silhouette is magical against the pretty background. I really enjoyed your beautiful photos too

Pat said...

What a really wonderful and magical scene Viv and love the soft purples ad pinks with all the beautiful silhouette stamps which mix and match brilliantly. Great photos of your time in the Lake District and glad that you had some good weather too, and did some tough climbing by the looks of it. We took the boat across Windermere and went up to Orrest Head once but this is higher I think...a beautiful view. x

Sally H said...

Gorgeous photos and you are looking amazing! A beautiful card too xxxx

Vicky Hayes said...

You made a gorgeous ink blended scene Viv but oh my goodness, your photos of the lakes are just gorgeous and I am wishing I was there - those skies! Wonderful to have sunshine on a trip to the Lakes and I'm glad you managed the hike up Gowbarrow despite the grumbling knee! Don't know the history of your knee but I found exercises to strengthen my feet arches did wonders for mine - perhaps worth looking into? Sending hugs, Vicky x