Sunday 4 September 2022

Snow and Ice

Over at CAS Christmas the latest challenge is 'Sparkle and Shine'.
Well, I mean who doesn't love a bit of glittery stuff? Having found the glitter card, I sat and looked at it for a while then I remembered I had bought a Hot Off the Press die last year in a clearance sale and never used it because when it came it was far bigger than I expected! (Note to self - read descriptions and take note of sizes!) It's not massive but at the time it didn't suit me!
Anyway, I used it finally today.


I die cut the skates in silver glitter card then die cut again in bright white Centura Pearl card and pieced the white inside the silver.

The branch is an old Spellbinders one which is probably one of my most used.

Cut the branch from some silver sheen card which isn't as reflective as mirri card and I like it better - I think it looks like the branch has been embossed.

Die cut a couple of snowflakes and then assembled it, using a snowflake embossing folder for the background..

Quite pleased with the result - it really is sparkly and shiny - and I am thinking how nice it would be to be near an icy lake with sparkly skates on - cos after a very dull morning the skies have cleared and it is very warm here at the moment!

Thanks for looking. x
Sharing over at
NBUS #42 - (cos this is the first time for my dies)
Peace On Earth - A/Goes
CHNC - A/Goes with option of the letter 'S'
Sparkles Forum Christmas - A/Goes
A2S+M - Christmas

18 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card and love the beautiful sparkle dies.I bought two sets of dies without checking size and they are too big to go through my pro shot!
Carol x

Aquarius said...

A really super sparkly card and a timely reminder about reading descriptions when ordering items online. Same sort of thing has happened to me more than once I must say. This is a great CAS layout.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful pair of skates hanging from the branch, Viv! Love the snow embossing and the extra sparkly snowflakes too!!

Heather said...

Wow, Viv, this is really lovely! Such a pretty CAS and subtle effect, combining foil AND glimmer - so cool! Love that branch against the "snowfall!" Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Viv, love the two tone sparkle and shine skates, thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

What an elegant and lovely card, Viv! You perfectly arranged the branch, the cute pair of skates, and the snowflakes. The combination of the silver glitter card, the white Centura Pearl card, and the silver sheen card is beautiful. They all have different sparkle and shine. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

This is gorgeous! Love the white/silver colour palette. I think I have a pair of skates die from years ago that I haven’t used yet… oops 🙈. Thank you for joining us this month at CAS Christmas.

Darlene said...

Oh Viv, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! What a wonderful scene you have created! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

PS If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. Your card today fits perfectly! I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there!

Darnell said...

You certainly created a beautiful design with all your dies, Viv! Those skates would be wanted by any professional ice skater! I just love all the silver sheen, shine, and schparkle and the brilliant snowy background and snowflake bling! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

LOVE these pretty skates, Viv! They look so pretty hanging from the silver branch with the falling snow background!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

You found the perfect use for those dies, they make a beautiful card.

Sue xx

Pat said...

This is gorgeous Viv and I love the mix of silver mirri and glitter card, and the added snowflakes and the skates look great hung on the branch and with the embossed snowflakes in the background which completes the wintry look and feel. x

Loll said...

Love how you've added sparkle and shine to your beautiful card design Viv! Your card is so elegant. xx

Barb Ghig said...

I like the matte finish on your silver cardstock too, Viv! Great idea to hang the skates on the branch and I love your snowy background...so elegant! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at CAS Christmas!

HilaryJane said...

It's just perfect Viv, the embossed background really finishes it off perfectly and I be the shine is amazing in real life xx

Brenda in IN said...

What a great card you made by combining different products. It sure does shine.

Julia Aston said...

I can feel the biting cold frostiness in the air surrounding your silver branch and lovely skates in the falling snow Viv! xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely card!
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!