Thursday 9 February 2023

Love-in month!

I don't do Valentines Day. Have never done Valentine's Day.
Well maybe I did - when I was a love sick teenager but it was that long ago I've forgotten!😳
I cannot for the life of me understand why we have to have a specific day to show/tell someone that we care about them? And I am currently sat down taking deep breaths having just seen on FB the price from a florist for 12 red roses 😱..................  

Anyway - February 14th is also the other half's birthday so we celebrate that instead! Not that we do much on the day itself - mainly because restaurants are full of the love sick teenagers as mentioned above or with people who feel that they absolutely have to show their love πŸ’‹πŸ’for someone on ONE day a year!
Helloooooo there are 364 other days.......

I have though made a CAS card... I had a lot of odd bits lying on the desk and used them up instead of chucking them in the bin.
You'll have to forgive the terrible pic - we have the most glorious day here and I still cannot find anywhere to take a good photo!

Some left over hammered cardstock bits used for the circle, square frame, the twiggy bit and the word.
I triple layered the word.

The heart is another odd leftover bit - it's a not too shiny rose gold snippet which I found under the craft mat!.
Finished the twig by using some pale pink Liquid Pearls which when dried isn't too bad a match for my teeny heart.

It's been a long long time since I have linked up at the Playground as I have simply got into the habit of not keeping bits cos I was in danger of being buried under a paper mountain - but am paying a visit this week!

Unsurprisingly there are several love themed challenges around so I am sharing over at
MMM - Love is in the Air
TIOT - All you need is love (and a big bank balance if you're buying flowers)
SOS - Love is in the Air

Thanks for taking the time to look today - we have had some glorious spring like days this week - lifts your spirits to see blue skies - even if it is still cold!

31 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Viv. like the white on white with a touch of colour

Anne

crafty-stamper said...

I am totally with you about Valentines Day! Fabulous CAS card and love all the dies and slight touch of colour with the liquid pearls
Carol x

Di said...

Hi Viv - how lovely to see you in the Playground with us! Fabulous card - you always make CAS look so effortless and yet in truth it's often easier to chuck the kitchen sink at a card and be done with it! Enjoy your 'none Valentine's Day'! I can send Dudley round to serenade you if you do feel like being crooned to!

Hugs
Di xx

Sarn said...

WOW - what a stylish card you’ve made with your snippets. Great design.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. There’s a welcome back drink available for you up in the Treehouse xxx

Joan said...

I’m with you on Valentines Viv ! But I love your CAS card

Glennis F said...

Totally agree with your Valentines comments Viv

Mrs A. said...

Your post made me smile. Fancy everyone else tying to muscle in on hubby's day.It's just not on. Love your card made from scraps on your desk. I have so many on my desk I could put War and Peace to shame if I tried to make anything with them. Hugs Mrs A.

AlisonC said...

You made me laugh. Similar things are said in this house and we certainly never go out on the 14th. This is the perfect way to use all those leftovers. You would never know. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time. x

dj said...

Wowsers...this is just gorgeous!! The white on white is just perfection!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our “love is in the air” challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!!
-Deb Horst, DT #SOS489

Christine Alexander said...

love the hammered card stock and the white on white is beautiful with the touch of colour ♥
must pick up some of the hammered card stock when I'm in the UK later this month :)

Liz said...

Beautiful CAS card, Viv. I love the white on white design with just a hint of colour. xx

Aquarius said...

Very pretty card and I do so agree with your thoughts on Valentine's day. Love every day I say 😍😍

Sue - said...

Beautifully Cas Viv and so pretty too! I’m not a Valentine person either but hubby likes to mark the occasion, usually with roses. However I’ve told him not to this year as they are so expensive and don’t last very long. I saw him sneak a shopping bag into his study yesterday though so I think chocolates might be making an appearance!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a stunning card Viv, I love the white on white and the little touch of colour adds the finishing touch perfectly.

Sue xx

Carole said...

Lovely CAS card VIv and I am a fan of white on white and your little pop of colour is the final touch. xx

Brenda in IN said...

I bet we were all "lovesick teenagers" at one time but that ship has sailed for me. (Although, I do love my dog). This is a lovely card and I like that hammered cardstock. The touch of Liquid Pearls is just right.

Cathy said...

Great snippets card Viv, white on white with a touch of gold is so elegant looking. We don't do Valentine's day either, your post made me chuckle! Cathy x

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Super toffe kaart. Helemaal leuk. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Make My Monday challenge
Great card, love it. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday challenge

XX
Claudia

DT Make My Monday challenge

Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativechristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a beautiful card. True elegance. Thanks for sharing at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Just Peachy Stamping said...

What a simply beautiful card! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday #193. I look forward to seeing you in our gallery again. Sue DT

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautifully CAS Viv, I love it! Happy birthday to your other half xx

Pia S said...

I think your CAS design is perfect for Mister's birthday, I love all the white and the fact that it's more on the elegant than the sweet side.

TK said...

WONDERFUL card -- the texture is wonderful, but your branch, heart and pearls just make this whole card beautiful!

Joan said...

Back again Viv, thanks for posting your lovely card on Try It On Tuesday challenge

Joan x

Pat said...

This is a beautiful CAS card Viv, and I love all the bits you have put together, and with just that bit of pink for the berries and the sweet little rose gold heart. x

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful CAS card Viv, and it's great that you got to use up some unused scraps.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday
Avril x

Bonnie said...

We should and do love every day and it's nice to show it in a special way sometimes. The florists certainly love Valentine's Day! Your card is lovely and a perfect way to use up those bits of leftovers! I love how you've dotted the branches with the pink drops!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! Loving the white with the touches of rose gold - stunning 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday and apologies for my lateness, I have a lot of family stuff going on at the moment. Take care! Hugs Jo x

HilaryJane said...

Sorry to be so late visiting this one Viv. I am not sure what happened, but somehow I missed it. You are at your CAS best with it. I just love the white on white with the touches of pink and the lovely textured card. A brilliant card xx

Anke said...

WOW so beautiful, stunning design.

Carol Cel said...

I love this -- it would also make a great anniversary card.