Thursday 2 February 2023

January Card Chain Challenge

My card for the first Card Chain Challenge of 2023 went to Pia in Norway!
There were a few challenge options to choose from this time and I managed a couple - the colour option is always the one I go to first but this month I was also able to use the Product/Technique option of Distress Oxides and as Pia and I have been following each others blogs for some time now she is amongst my blogland 'friends' so I also could use one of the theme options too.

Here's my make. Over time I have made a few of these using the same basic design but in different colours. Blue shades, Orange shades  and Lilac shades to name just 3!
This is the first one using Pink!

A little moon mask started the background and I blended some Picked Raspberry round it first then moving downwards lightly, before swapping the colour for Saltwater Taffy to fade it down.

The darker of the floral branches were stamped with Altenew Razzleberry ink.

The second and third gen stamping was done using Versafine Clair Charming Pink. The stamp is from an Oriental Blossom set by Inkylicious.

I die cut the branch and birds and then gave the birds a quick blend with the remainder of the  Picked Raspberry left on the blender.
Added the little sentiment and then die cut the arched frame (Moonstone Dies) for the panel to sit behind.

It's not an exact replication of the colours on the challenge post but not far off!
I received a lovely card from Carol - and if you fancy joining in this month you have until 6th Feb to sign up - just go to the CCC blog!

Thanks for looking today - I hope everything is well in your part of blogland. x


21 comments:

Sarn said...

Oh that IS a gorgeous card Viv. Love it.
Hugs, Sarnie x

Carole said...

L really like this Viv, great inking adn composition and I love the idea of the arched window. I am sure your recipient will be well pleased with it.xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow what a stunning card Viv, I'm sure that Pia loved it.

Sue xx

Loll said...

LOVE your card. It's so pretty and sweet. You have been making some amazing "scene" cards lately, my friend. Inspired! xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful monochrome card love the pink and stamped scene through the window
Carol x

Angelnorth said...

Beautifully composed Viv, I wonder what the birdie friends are talking about?!

Aquarius said...

Pretty in pink - lovely card

HilaryJane said...

This is so beautiful and it looks stunning in those colours. Well done. I bet Pia was very pleased to receive this one xx

Arlene said...

Gorgeous! So very pretty. I love this scene.

Anke said...

WOW what a beautiful card, Viv. Absolutely stunning, love your pretty in pink.

Hugs
Anke

papierelle said...

Your card is stunning and so beautiful!!!

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous background you inked for your birds on the branch Viv - love the moon and foliage from above and below - framed so nicely in the arch die cut! Julia xx

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Viv, love the shades of pink. I'm sure Pia will love this.
Avril xx

Imke said...

What a lovely card, Viv - love the colors and the scene.

I am happy that i found this Challenge and joining the fun since last year.

Imke /MY CRAFTY PLACE

Brenda in IN said...

This is a sweet card and I love it done in pink. I like the arch die you used. You are so right with the sentiment, life is better with friends.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet birdie friends with all the gorgeous pink flowers, Viv - great take on the January CCC colors and themes!!

Pia S said...

It's such a beautiful design, so it's a great idea to have made more of this design in different colors. Your card hangs on my inspiration board in the craftroom, I love it.

Sue - said...

That really is beautiful Viv! I bet the other colours look good too!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Stunningly beautiful Viv x

Pat said...

I just adore these pink tones Viv, and the new DI Saltwater Taffy is a gorgeous colour and goes beautifully with the two different pinks for the oriental blossoms, and the contrast with the white branch and the pink birds sitting on it works brilliantly, and all in that beautiful arched shape...a gorgeous card! x

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Viv! It's definitely a design worth repeating many times! Love these shades of pink and the sweet birds! I'm sure Pia is delighted with this!