Tuesday 28 February 2023

More messy!

TIOT's  'Lets Get Messy' challenge is mid way through - I am normally a precise orderly person but I do like to make a mess occasionally!
Having said I like precision I often wonder why I am so drawn to acrylic pouring - it's anything but precise and of course it's messy! But I LOVE it! Here's a make.

This is a rescue piece. It was double the size when it started (see pics below).
I am (and always have been) madly impatient and waiting round for stuff to dry frustrates me no end.
There was a rather nice dark blue swirly pool on this piece and I touched it šŸ‘‡ to see if it was dry.... it wasn't.šŸ˜”

My smudgy fingerprints stood out in all their glory - (a crime scene investigator would have been delighted)- and nothing to be done except to chop it off - (the smudgy bit not my actual fingers...)
So this is the bit that didn't have the smudges on.
Added a die cut seahorse with a little bit of blingy greeny blue glittery stuff and some coral type foliage.

Finished it off with a bit of twine and some green liquid pearl dots.

Maybe next time I will remember not to stick my fingers into wet paint.....
.........but then again!

Still time for you to join us at TIOT this week! x

17 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is stunning viv, I love the pour that you've used in the background. The seahorse looks fabulous against it. I must admit to loving paint pouring but don't play often enough.

Sue xx

Liz said...

This is fabulous VIv, I love the colours. I haven’t tried acrylic pouring yet, something else on my list of things to try.
BTW Is ‘ blingy greeny blue glittery stuff ’ a technical term? šŸ¤£ xx

crafty-stamper said...

I do that with glossy accents lol never learn! Your messy background looks brilliant and love the little Seahorse.
Carol x

Stamps and Paper said...

Such s stunning background Viv..love the colours and such a great card using the seahorse die..

Annr

Brenda in IN said...

Whoa, this is a beautiful ocean for the seahorse. So much movement in the water, it looks so real. The blingy greeny blue glittery stuff is pretty on the seahorse. I'm relieved to hear your fingers are intact.

Mrs A. said...

Like Liz, this is on my bucket list to try. Anything I have to wait to dry I always do in the evening and then leave overnight. Still been caught out a few times though.! This is a gorgeous creation and your acrylic pour was just shouting out for a seahorse to compliment it. Lovely job. Hugs Mrs A.

HilaryJane said...

I have that problem too! I love to watch videos of people doing acrylic pouring, but have never tried it. You don't often see it used on cards, so this is a real treat. it has turned out fabulously and what a good way to get messy xx

wendy kirk said...

Wow the pouring paint makes a great sea, I dare not get into that, I have too much on the go as it is. I don’t do ATCs anymore, just everything else. Hope you are keeping well.

Aquarius said...

A beautiful result - background is just right for the die cuts you've used. Of course a girl has to check if wet paint really is wet šŸ¤£.

Carole said...

A stunning card Viv with your acrylic pour.Love the colours. x

papierelle said...

Wow, your background is stunning!!!! And nice that you only added a little decoration.
And I had to grin. I'm also an impatient person and don't like it at all when I have to wait for something to dry.

Bonnie said...

LOL, I've done the same thing, Viv. I have to actually leave the room so I'll leave wet paint or ink alone and I usually end up with more on my fingers than the paper! You found just enough for a perfect background with the seahorse and coral! Love those knots!

TK said...

Sorry that you lost a pretty portion of your card front, but what is left is still really pretty! It makes a wonderful sea scene and I adore your little seahorse!!!

Sarn said...

I love the amazing background you made and the white die cut focal points are just perfect xxx

Christine Alexander said...

acrylic pours create such beautiful backgrounds, I'm like you no good at watching paint dry :). Love your underwater scene and wonderful inspiration. ♥

Sorry for being late checking out your posts, I just got back from the UK after visiting family and friends but also picked up a doozy of a cold (not Covid) while I was there. I'm still feeling a little off.

Pat said...

This is a gorgeous acrylic pour piece Viov and perfect with your sweet little seahorse and coral and love the bit of twine and liquid pearl dots..fabulous! x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I still haven’t had a go at this technique but it looks great fun and the result is fabulous! x