Tuesday 30 May 2023

Damn Men!

This fortnight's challenge at Try It On Tuesday is MAKE IT MASCULINE.

Man cards...I struggle so much with them! I try to come up with something different and original but in the end always revert back to the easy option - which is usually something rusty looking in the shape of cogs or clocks!

So here is the inevitable 'cog card for a damn man'!

Some time back I was gifted by a fellow blogger a couple of pieces of Tim Holtz shimmer card which is specifically for use with alcohol inks. This was the first piece I used and I must confess the shimmer is fantastic (which is probably why the pic is so bad!)

Once I'd covered the shimmer card with alco ink I took a cog stencil and inked over it to give a bit of depth to the background.

I used gilding wax to colour the die cut cogs.
Hope you can find time to make a man themed project this time round - and if you're seeking inspiration the rest of the DT and our Guest Designer have some for you over on the challenge blog!
Thanks for looking. x

15 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I have to agree Viv, I struggle with masculine cards too. This one is fantastic, I love the look of the shimer card with the Alc inks on.

sue xx

Aquarius said...

Super card - that shimmer card is certainly a really handy addition to the stash - lots of lovely shimmer, does what it says on the tin 😉

My name is Erika. said...

I thought about using gears for my piece. They definitely make me think of masculine. Lovely card. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

LOL!! Love your background for this perfect masculine card.. and I have the same troubles as you with masculine!! Have a fabulous week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Stamps and Paper said...

Great maculine card Viv love the metallic colours of the cogs and your cog background

Anne

crafty-stamper said...

Yes I agree with the post title lol.Great masculine card love the background and all the cogs
Carol x

Brenda in IN said...

I think masculine cards are hard too. I think it's because I don't have "guy" stamps and dies. Your card is a terrific guy card because they know about things like cogs and wheels. The alcohol ink background is beautiful.

Pia S said...

I've made many masculine cards over the years, but not one with cogs to myrecollection. It works really well and you've created a fab industrial style background for the rust clogs - a great look indeed!

Christine Alexander said...

I love the soft cog images in the background, awesome masculine card xx

Sarn said...

A very good masculine card Viv. I always find “man cards” difficult and normally resort to trees or a nice background plus a sentiment!!!!
Hugs, Sarnie xxx

Meggymay said...

I'm with you on the struggle to make cards for men Viv.
This card that you have created looks fantastic a great background for those wheel cogs.
Yvonne

HilaryJane said...

It might be your go to style for male cards, but it works. lovely shimmery card. Someone will be pleased to receive it.

Bonnie said...

Cards for guys aren't the easiest, Viv, but you've done a great one! I love the way you've added stenciling to the background and color on the die cuts!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Cogs are excellent for masculine cards and a metallic background and cogs even better! I love the colour you used hugs, Chrisx

Mrs.B said...

I think most of us struggle with masculine cards Viv but I love this one, the shimmer card makes a great background and what man doesn't like rusty old cogs.
Avril xx