Sunday 23 July 2023

Blooms

 Perfect weather for the craft room - monsoon type conditions and heavy grey skies! A stark contrast to Europe who are in the grips of the most horrendous heat!


I have been playing about with black card recently - here is one I did a couple of days ago using an Altenew stamp set.

It was quite quick to do really - I spent more time messing about wondering how to place it on a UK card size than actually stamping and colouring!

Being a US company the frame is designed to fit on an A2 (?? I think??) card - a size that I have never used and is not one that you see a lot of here in the UK.

Stamped and heat embossed in gold then used metallic watercolours. I am loving these watercolours - the card has an incredible shimmer.
The sentiment is also part of the same set.

Once dry, I mounted it onto a piece of gold mirri card and ended up (after much debate) simply putting it centrally onto another piece of black card. It didn't look right on a white base, didn't fit properly on a 6 x 4, nor on a 5 x 5, looked daft on a 6 x 6 and at one point I was beginning to be sorry I had started in the first place!
Anyway to steal one of my Mum's sayings - "It'll do for now"!!!

Sharing over at
Beautiful Blossoms - A/Goes w/flowers
Creative Crafters - A/Goes
Crafty Addicts - A/Goes

Thanks for looking today - wherever you are in the world I hope you are safe and well. x

14 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful embossed stamp and great sentiment,may have ben a hassle but looks perfect on the black background.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts
Carol DT x

Carole said...

Hi Viv! A striking card with your gold, black and sparkly watercolours. I would have placed it the same...or ended up chopping the base card down to fit..but then one runs into the envelope question..sigh!....lol xx

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous card, the colors and embossing really pop on the black card. Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We look forward to more from you soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Aquarius said...

Lovely shimmery effect on this card and good that you managed eventually to fit it onto a UK sized card, not the easiest thing to do as you've discovered 🙄

HilaryJane said...

This looks stunning, gold on black is so stylish and well done for fitting it on your card base. I ended up buying some US size card (8 1/2 x 11) as I have a thing about even borders. I use it for A2 sized coverplates and stamps like this. I think I should get over that though because this looks great. i am trying to embrace the rain as I would rather that than the heatwave. My garden is loving it and my waterbutts are full, which is unheard of in July xx

Liz said...

Fabulous card Viv, what a wonderful stamp. It looks great embossed in gold on the black.
I know what you mean about the different sizes of stamps and dies between the UK and the US. I often land up chopping a little of the length of a 6 x 4 card to get an even border. xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love the gold embossing against the black card Viv lovely shimmery colours...

Anne

Brenda in IN said...

The metallic watercolors are gorgeous with the black cardstock. Your adaptation of the stamp looks just right. This is a beautiful card with such lovely shine.

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous, Viv! Love the metallic watercolor on the black card!

Pia S said...

A2 is my favorite and go to size, 4,25 x 5,5 inches, as well as the mini slimline. They are good for postage.
I think this looks striking with the gold and bold colors on black.

Christine Alexander said...

metallic on black is so beautiful, isn't it funny buying from different countries :) you did a great job with the layout xx

Mrs A. said...

Yhis is beautiful Viv and reminds me that I have some Metallic watercolour paints in a box somewhere. Too much stuff and not enough time. I am still using up freebie papers from craft magazines. Hugs Mrs A.

Gina said...

What a beautifully uplifting sentiment, and I love the coloured embossing over the black base. Thank you for sharing with us at The Crafty Addicts XXX

Pat said...

Wonderful colouring using the metallic watercolours Viv which stand out beautifully against the black card and absolutely luscious with the gold embossing. x