Tuesday 25 July 2023

Pretty Papers at TIOT

 New challenge time at Try It On Tuesday!
Theme is 'PRETTY PAPERS', so we want to see paper somewhere on your project!

Like so many crafters I bought papers and liked them too much to use - so I made a promise not to buy any more and for several years now I have stuck to that promise.

I sent lots to the local charity shop and gave boxes away to a local school - but I kept just a few that were just too precious to part with. (That 'precious' none of them have seen the light of day for years and the paper box was under a ton of stuff in a cupboard!)

I remembered making a card very similar to this a long time ago so rooted about in the paper box and found these beautiful pink themed heavy textured papers - it is that long ago I have no idea where they came from.

I stitched them onto the card base after sticking some lace across the join.

My 'rose' centre is made from lots of tissue paper and a spellbinders flower die, fiddly to cut and assemble together but worth it I think.

A scrap of lace and a piece of pink card cut with the largest flower die helped me secure the layers together with a pearl brad in the centre and through a die cut label.
Sentiment and a tiny butterfly inked in pale pink to finish it all off.

Having not done anything remotely lacey and shabby for a while it was a change to do this and not get my fingers in an inky mess!

Please pop over to the blog and check out what our Guest Designer and the rest of the team have done - we all love visitors! And of course as always I hope you will join us with your paper projects!

18 comments:

Aquarius said...

Very pretty in pink - we all tend to hoard papers because they are 'too nice to use'🤣

Brenda in IN said...

I love this touch of lace and it goes perfectly with the tissue flower and soft pink papers. Gosh, I have lace somewhere that I put on cards before. it's probably hiding just like your papers were! This card is lovely and the sentiment is just right on it.

Pia S said...

This is so very different from what I usually see on your blog, but I love this style as well, with the stitching ans texture and use of pretty papers.

Joan said...

This is lovely Viv, such delicate colours and the pretty rose, love it

Joan x

(I have boxes of papers despite giving loads to charity shop, I just love pretty papers LOL)

HilaryJane said...

Well done for using that paper. I am the same and decided not to buy it anymore as I just don't use it on my cards. love that you have used real lace and stitching too xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful papers and your tissue paper flower-remember when they were all the rage-you will have to start a come back.
Carol x

My name is Erika. said...

Not only is your paper beautiful Viv, but that big flower is such a gorgeous addition. Hope all is well, hugs-Erika

Christine Alexander said...

your DP background is so pretty ♥. I have so much of it but rarely use it, I love making my own. You've encouraged me to pull some out of my stash and use it up :)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I can see why you kept this paper Viv, it makes a beautiful card. I love the stitching and the shabby flower that you've added.

Sue xx

Meggymay said...

A beautiful paper and card Viv, the lace and trims make it look so feminine I know what you mean about saving papers and adding more. My store is low now having like you given many away.
Yvonne xx

Mrs A. said...

Such a pretty card. Love how you have done the stitching around the edge. I have some pink lace panels sat on my desk whilst I hum and argh over what to do with them. Don't want to throw and don't want to put away in a box. Hugs Mrs A.

Sarn said...

Very pretty in pink. Quite a change for you. Love the vintage shabby chic feel to this lovely card xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My, this is beautiful Viv. I love the pink flowers and your tissue flower makes this a special card.
Hugs, Chrisx

Mrs.B said...

This is gorgeous and that pink flower is stunning. Love the pretty pink papers so feminine with the lace..
Avril xx

Bonnie said...

So feminine and pretty, Viv! Love that flower!

Sue - said...

Very pretty pink card Viv!

Gerrina said...

Beautifully soft and I love the monochrome colours!
What a great pleasure to be the Geust designer this fortnight! I love participating in the challenges here and get so inspired by all the beautiful projects of the team!

Pat said...

What beautiful floral paper Viv so lovely with the stitching and the added tissue paper flower and lace, and on the die cut label..such a sweet little pink butterfly on the sentiment plate too..a gorgeous card! x