Tuesday 11 July 2023

Totally Tropical - 3 Colours at Try It On Tuesday

Our new challenge gets underway at Try It On Tuesday today -  and it is to use 3 colours.
I chose Green, Yellow and Orange for my card.


It's not too often I make a tall slimline card.
Started with a stencil monoprint - oh I do love doing these!

Smooshing ink on a stencil, spraying with water and pressing down onto card - there's something very satisfying about seeing how the print turns out and no two are ever the same!

Mowed Lawn and Fossilized Amber on a tropical leaf stencil from Honey Doo.

I die cut some foliage and a flower and watercoloured in the same shades on some snippets of watercolour card, the flower centre was coloured with Spiced Marigold DI.

A scrap of lime card white heat embossed with the sentiment and job done!

Thought this make was quite apt at the mo as we've been experiencing some really summery days recently - although we've had a few thunderstorms and torrential downpours too!

Thanks for stopping by - hope you will pop over to the TIOT blog and see what the rest of the DT have to inspire you and - of course- hope you will join us this fortnight.

Happy Crafting. x


18 comments:

Aquarius said...

The stencil technique is so effective and the colours you've chosen are truly tropical - love it

My name is Erika. said...

I’m loving the tropical vibe Viv. This is a great card. Hope all is well. Hugs Erika

Helen said...

Absolutely LOVE that background!!! Such a happy, summery card!1 Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Stamps and Paper said...

An amazing background Viv and just love the colours..Lovely card

Anne

crafty-stamper said...

Love this card and colours,great technique with the stencil too.We have had a few torrential downpours but only 3 claps of thunder and one flash of lightening
Carol x

Joan said...

Love your stencil technique Viv, fab card


Joan x

Mrs A. said...

I have never thought of using that technique for a stencil. Love the effect here. Can't enter that card as I posted a day before the challenge. I am sure I can find another card to enter instead. Thanks for the nod. Hugs Mrs A.

Pia S said...

Love these zesty colors and tropical feel!

Meggymay said...

A realy beautiful card Viv, I love the shades of green and the tall shaped card.
Yvonne xx

Carole said...

Totally tropical card Viv....reminds me of the dash of lime and lemon in a drink. Lovely summery creation. Must try your smooshed stencil technique...when I find my missing time that is! xx

HilaryJane said...

Lovely card Viv, such a great background and i love that you have put the sentiment strip at an angle. Great way to add interest xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your tropical card Viv, the stencilling technique gives a great effect, hugs, Chrisx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A beautiful card Viv and I love your tropical colours. I’m hoping to blog a little more often now that I have more free crafting time x

Mrs.B said...

Love the tropical feel to this card and the technique works well with your stencil. Great colour choice too
Avril xx

Bonnie said...

Pretty colors and perfect for this tropical look, Viv!

lichazul said...

Very pretty colors 🤩🤩👏 happy day

lichazul said...

So very pretty colors 🤩🤩 happy day 👍

Pat said...

How fabulously tropical...love the leaf stencil print Viv, and the added die cut flowers and leaves go beautifully. x