Thursday 2 November 2023

October Card Chain Challenge Reveal Post

My card this month went to Linda in Minnesota and I received a lovely card from Jo!
I chose the technique option of 'Spotlight Stamping' and tried to incorporate the colours - which was a bit of a struggle!

My large background stamp is from Crafty Individuals - there's something so quintessentially English about stopping everything for Tea!
I love a cuppa - but only if it's in a china cup!
It's a long time sice I did anything even a tiny bit shabby so this was a nice change from ink stained fingers.

Stamped the image with Versafine Morning Mist hoping this would pass for Silver.....😉

Stamped again and cut out part of it and coloured in shades of pink (Cotton Candy) and a pale blue (Baby Blue) and a little splash of yellow, and popped it up with some dimensional foam pads.

To finish the spotlighted centre image I added a liberal helping of Glossy Acccents onto the dangly 'teabag' suspended from the middle cup
The lace is from my stash.

Still time to sign up for the November chain - it's great fun!

17 comments:

Aquarius said...

You've done a great using this stamp for the spotlight technique, we don't see much shabby chic around these days. As refreshing as a cup of tea, although coffee would be my drink of choice 😉

Stamps and Paper said...

There is nothing nicer than a cup of tea out of a china cup...love your card it has a vintage look about it...


Anne

Carole said...

Clever spotlight stamping Viv and nice delicate colouring and detail to add to the vintage design. xx

Ellibelle said...

This is really beautiful, love the patterns on the teacups and so many wonderful details! I am sure Linda loved receiving it!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a beauty, Viv - and lucky me to received it!! Just love the spotlight on the teacups and the touches of lace! Thanks for this card and the lovely bits you sent with it!!

HilaryJane said...

Your central spotlight works brilliantly and I love the lace. Great use of the colours, I didn't even try xx

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful cover all stamp you used Viv - The spotlighting is perfect to show off these lovely teacups too, and your lace makes it rather vintagey - so pretty! Julia xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous shabby chic card love the lace borders and fabulous stamps-great spotlight technique too.
Carol x

Pat said...

What a gorgeous card with the spotlight effect, and the background paper and lace makes a wonderful and effective background Viv...very shabby chic. x

Christine Alexander said...

love the soft colours and the spotlight technique is perfect for your image. Love the card ♥

papierelle said...

Wow your card is stunning!! Love it.

Sarn said...

It’s absolutely gorgeous Viv. Xxx

Jules said...

Hi Viv

A really pretty card.

Love your soft colours, and that gorgeous lace is a lovely touch.

It reminds me of a cafe that Mum and I "occasionally" get to .. .. they always use old china cups, saucers and plates .. .. and they never match. They have little crochet bead edged doilies over the sugar bowl too! It always makes you feel like you have stepped back in time when you visit.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Viv! I love how you've used the themes to create your beautiful card. Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Jo x

Pia S said...

What a fab image - and it's perfect for the spotlight technique. Great use of the colors and I loved to see some lace, it suits the whole tea served in china theme. I think I drink tea like most Norwegians? Which would be from a big, chunky mug. But I have a table booked for Afternoon tea at a fancy hotel in Oslo in not so long . and then I will drink it from china cup:)

Bonnie said...

Ooh, I like this stamp and it's colored so pretty, Viv! Sweet!

Arlene said...

I love the tea cups. Fantastic card.