Tuesday 31 October 2023

New Challenge at TIOT!

 Today's new challenge at Try It On Tuesday which runs for 2 weeks is called 'Sparkle All The Way'.
Perfect for those Christmas cards....
So I didn't make one..... a Christmas Card that is! Although I love schparkly blingy stuff I thought for my first card this challenge I would do something not Christmas related.


I had this idea in my head of the magical fairy wandering into a grey gloomy place and setting it alight with her magic wand!

So here it is - I had a lot of fun making it.

All Lavinia stamps using Morning Mist and Charming Pink Versafine Clair inks and lots of secondary stamping.

I think I went a bit mad with the glitter ......πŸ™ˆ.... and the Wink of Stella became a complete over the top Blinking Binge!

That said I was really pleased with how it looked - until I tried to photograph it - what an absolute 🐷🐷🐷to get a decent picture - and this was the best of a bad bunch of about 40!

Anyway even if it doesn't inspire you I hope you'll come and join us this time round - thanks for looking and have a great day whatever you're doing! x
Sharing at
Daring Cardmakers - A Bit of Bling
Krafty Chicks - Any Occasion

19 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is beautiful Viv! I love this fairy and some certainly is making a big difference to the grey world. Apologies for my lack of visits, hoping to make up for it soon.Hugs, Chrisx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Viv..we could all do with a bit of sparkle at the moment..

Anne

My name is Erika. said...

Fairies are perfect for this challenge at TIOT because they really call for sparkles. This is really lovely Viv. Hope all is well. hugs-Erika

crafty-stamper said...

Very clever idea-love the stamps and ALL the sparkle lol.
Carol x

Aquarius said...

Love your imaginative way with this card - who doesn't love a bit of shparkle?? As long as you don't have to photograph it of course πŸ™„πŸ™„

Loll said...

Your idea is so creative and you've captured it beautifully with your design, Viv! I personally love all that bling :) ... and the pink! :) xx

Sarn said...

I enlarged the photo and could see some of the bling. Lovely card xxx

HilaryJane said...

I love a lot of sparkle too especially on Christmas cards.This is gorgeous. Love the pink and grey and all that sparkle xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

What a beautiful and sparkly assignment you created for Fayllin, love it! xoxo

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful card! This is so magical. I love the way the little fairy is sprinkling her fairy dust to bring pink sparkle to the scene - perfect 😊. Happy November! Hugs, Jo x

Jules said...

Hi Viv

A great card .. .. .. loving the colours and all the sparkle. You can never have too much .. .. can you?!?!?

In fact I have a great sentiment stamp that says "This card is too sparkly .. .. said no-one ever! That would have been perfect for you.

Many thanks for your lovely message on my blog.

I hope that all is good at your end.

Love Jules xx

Christine Alexander said...

so clever and such a beautiful card ♥

Mrs.B said...

This is gorgeous and I love your idea of the fairy lighting up the grey and making everything sparkle.
Avril xx

Joan said...

Love your card Viv and I think we all need your sparkling fairy to light up our grey world !


Joan x

Bonnie said...

Glitter is wonderful until you try to catch the sparkle in a photo! This sweet fairy is doing a great job of lighting up her way! How fun!

Meggymay said...

You've created a beautiful magical scene with the fairy image you used and she does lift the spirits when you look at all the sparkles she is sharing.
Yvonne x

Pat said...

So beautifully sparkly and pretty and love the pink, grey and black colour combination Viv. x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a lovely card Viv, I can almost feel how proud that sweet fairy is of her sparkly wings. Wonderful make. Happy creative November Tracey.

Pia S said...

I love the concept of the design, with the fairy lighting up the grey world with color. Sparkle is a nightmare to photograph, especeially if you can't get in bright daylight - which is something we have lacked for some time, I can best describe our days as different shades of grey...