Saturday 2 March 2024

Card Chain Challenge February Reveal

Time to share my make for the February Card Chain Challenge which I sent to Bonnie in Colorado USA.
Sending lots of thanks to my other swap partner Julia for my lovely card too!
I selected 'Stencil' as my technique option and Flowers and Friendship from the 'Theme' choices

Using Cracked Pistachio ink for both the leaves and the dotty stencil, once the dotty one was dry I stamped some pretty flowers (an old set from I know not where!) and added a teeny bit of Nuvo crystal drops to the centres.

Cut out a circle from the leaves and simply overlaid it.

I have lots of stencils which don't actually get used enough so this challenge gave me another opportunity to dust them off!
I was a little apprehensive as Bonnie makes some beautiful artsy and colourful cards with her stencils and is very talented so I hope she liked my relatively CAS take on this months challenge!

If you fancy giving our massive World wide challenge a go pop over to the challenge blog and sign yourself up.

It's simple to take part - there's colours, sketch, theme and technique options to chose from and you only have to use one so you have lots of scope- and it's lovely to receive a hand made card from elsewhere in the world.

Happy Crafting! x

15 comments:

papierelle said...

Amazing!!! Your card looks so delicate.

Aquarius said...

Beautiful work with the stencils along with a great flower stamp and sentiment. Each time I use a stencil I tell myself I should make more use of them, so effective

Angelnorth said...

One of my favourite shades of green — this is such a lovely card Viv, delicate and beautiful!

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful creation! Love the silhouette flowers stamped in black!

Pia S said...

A card where the stencils aren’t used to only form the background but actually are the stars of the design. Beautiful!

HilaryJane said...

It is nice to get those stencils out. I often forget how much I enjoy using them. I am sure Bonnie loved this one. I do too xx

Julia Aston said...

Oh Viv - this is SO beautiful in the Cracked Pistachio and silhouette stamping in black! Love your design with the circle cut out and the dots around your stampings! Julia xx

Liz said...

Fabulous card Viv, great stencilling and I love the colours you've chosen.
Liz xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Viv and love the colour and both stencils used.
Carol x

Bonnie said...

Pretty stenciling, Viv! I love the color and the pop of the sweet black silhouette flowers!

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful stencil work on your card Viv the black images really 'pop' out

Anne

Arlene said...

Such a soft and lovely card, really special.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the soft stenciling with the flower window, Viv - so pretty!!

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous - love your stenciling, Jo x

Pat said...

This is gorgeous Viv and I love that you used the Cracked Pistachio alone for the two different bits of stencilling and love the sweet flowers and sentiment on the inlaid circle..Bonnie will love this! x