Tuesday 19 March 2024

Use a Stencil at Try It On Tuesday

 Our next challenge at Try It On Tuesday starts today and the theme is 'USE A STENCIL'.
I have lots of stencils - many of which have never been used - this is one!

It was bought in a pack of Mandala stencils ( think I was going through a bit of a Zen phase at the time.....😵) and yet another purchase that once I got I became completely devoid of ideas as to what to do with them!

Anyway this challenge made me go through the stencil stack and I thought I'd try making something!
I used Sweet Poppy Stencil paste onto a plain black card.

I have a few tubs of paste - but am afraid they are all on the verge of solidifying completely which is my own fault as they never see the light of day.
The gold one was a bit gloopy but I managed to use it for this.

I then had a bit of a struggle as to 'sentiment or not'  (and what kind of sentiment do you put on a gloopy part mandala anyway?😔) - then I remembered this one which is a kind of 'use for anything' kind of greeting!

Simply gold heat embossed and added a couple of sequins before running some gold ink round the edge.
.
Hope you will join us this challenge - lots of lovely inspiration if you need it from the DT over on the challenge blog too.   Happy Stencilling!
Sharing at
Stencil Fun - A/Goes
Creative Knockouts - Sparkle and Shine
NBUS #60

15 comments:

Aquarius said...

A striking use of gold paste and a stencil. I know just what you mean in your second paragraph - how is it that 'must-haves' seem to turn into 'what am I going to do with this?' as soon as they arrive 🙄🙄.

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your take on this challenge Viv very eye catching colours

Anne

crafty-stamper said...

I have a few stencils with lack of ideas too!Love the gold paste and embossing against the black-very striking.
Carol x

Bonnie said...

Love the gold on black. It doesn't look a bit gloppy to me.

Christine Alexander said...

so striking in black and gold, great way to use the mandala stencil xx

Meggymay said...

A beautiful and elegant card Viv, that stencil must have been waiting to be used for this theme.
Yvonne x

Loll said...

Your mandala stencil is gorgeous with the gold paste on black. Such a striking card, Viv! xx

Joan said...

Very elegant card Viv ,the gold on black is stunning



Joan x

My name is Erika. said...

That gold is stunning on the black background Viv. This is such a beautiful card. Hugs Erika

Sarn said...

You’ve found the perfect use for your Mandela stencil Viv. The gold paste on black is so striking.

You can make your own paste with talc, PVA glue and some acrylic paint in any colour you choose. Very cheap & easy to make and it stores well in an old jar you would have lobbed in your recycling bin. Xxx

Darnell said...

Your gloopy gold design from the heart is stunning, Viva! I'm very impressed that your stenciling with the paste is so neat and clean on the striking black! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Dolly

Sue said...

Fabulous effect. The gold on black is so elegant.

Mrs.B said...

The gold looks fabulous on the black Viv, know what you mane about the right sentiment, but this one works so well.
Avril xx

Diane said...

Beautiful and elegant!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning card! The stencilling is the star of the show and I love the gold on black colour palette - so beautiful 😊. Sorry that I'm so late, I was in Venice when the post went live and with being away from the hotel all day I forgot to pop by. Hugs, Jo x