Tuesday 5 March 2024

Spring at Try It On Tuesday

Our new challenge for the next two weeks at Try It On Tuesday is entitled 'Spring'
Remember you can make whatever you want as long as it follows the challenge theme!
Be lovely if you could join us this time and please have a look at the makes from the rest of the DT over on the blog as we love visitors!

I've had a little of a change and made something a bit different for me this time.

My neighbour shares my love of gardening and we often swap cuttings. She has had a bit of a tough and worrying time just recently as her other half has not been very well so I wanted something to give her other than the bottle of wine/box of choccies/bunch of flowers!

At the end of last Summer I collected some Sweet Pea seeds - as always there are far too many for me so I made this watering can from a template downloaded from the internet as it seemed just right for what I wanted.

Used Core-dinations cardstock (found in a cupboard completely forgotten about) and after cutting out the shape I ran through a roses embossing folder and lightly sanded.

I cut the handles and spout from the leftover bits and with the tiniest pieces left managed to punch out the 2 butterflies and still have a bit left for the sentiment! So instead of hiding/throwing away the leftovers I used them all up one one thing!

When it was all stuck together I secured the handles with tiny flower shaped brads.

My seeds were put into a tiny brown envelope and wrapped in tissue paper then popped into the body of the can.
With Spring almost upon us here it won't be long before the seeds are planted!
Sharing my watering can over at
Four Seasons - Spring
Beautiful Blossoms - A/Floral
Pixies Snippets Playground

22 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a beautiful make! Loving the watering can 3D design and the embossed paper that you created is amazing - perfect for Spring 😊. Take care and Happy February ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

Let's Art Journal said...

Of course, I'm a month behind, I meant to say Happy March ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

Viv that's a great little watering can. What a cool idea! Happy March to you. hugs-Erika

Stamps and Paper said...

What a lovely gift for your neighbour Viv I'm sure she will lovel it

Anne

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous embossed watering can and what a very thoughtful gift for your neighbour.
Carol x

Sarn said...

A fantastic idea for your neighbour and a lovely gift that is sure to be appreciated. I love this cute watering can made from your snippets.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for a mug of something warming! xxx

Loll said...

This is so adorable Viv. And very thoughtful for your gardening neighbour. I'm sure she will be thrilled when she gets this. Great idea!! xx

Joan said...

What a lovely idea Viv and your neighbour will love it. such a cute make


Joan x

Christine Alexander said...

what a wonderful way to give a little gift, I'm sure she love the watering can and the seeds ♥

Sue - said...

What a lovely idea to make this for your neighbour! It’s so pretty too, I’m sure she’ll love it!

Ellibelle said...

What a great idea and it turned out so beautifully!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Four Seasons challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful gift, such a lovely idea. You chose the perfect paper for it too and the embossing folder has added just the right amount of interest xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Viv,this is such a wonderful gift for your gardener neighbour! A brilliant idea, hugs, Chrisx

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Viv! I made one years and years ago for my mom. Looks so pretty with the embossing, Jo x

Meggymay said...

A thoughtful gift for your neighbour Viv and a fantastic gift box idea.
Yvonne

Di said...

So cute Viv and made with a lot of thought and care. Brilliant!

Here's to a Summer of sweet peas - a flower I totally adore!

Hugs

Di xx
Snippets Playground

Mrs.B said...

What a lovely idea and I'm sure your neighbour was delighted.
The watering can looks fabulous and such a pretty colour. Xx

Donna Walls said...

New Blog Follower here! This is such a sweet way to present your neighbor with some Sweet Pea seeds, I'm sure it cheered her up. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Classic Design Challenge

Pat said...

What a fabulous make Viv and a great piece of construction, and I love the embossed roses and finished so prettily with the butterflies complete with little pearl bodies, and your neighbour will love having the seeds tucked into this cute little watering can. x

Aquarius said...

Missed seeing this when it was posted - what a super idea as a gift for your gardening friend, I'm sure she must have loved it and will have the sweet peas to enjoy later in the year.

Aimeslee Winans said...

So pretty!
Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
xoxo, Aimeslee DT

Bonnie said...

What a perfect and thoughtful gift for your neighbor, Viv! That watering can is awesome!